Boiler flow and return blocked by boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone Please help.
Big flow issue on my Central heating.
Getting no flow.
Can anyone tell me in a system boiler what could be stopping or restricting the flow or return coming or going?
The boiler pump is fine and working tried all settings. It’s not air or blockage.
Anyone many thanks

Sponsored Links
The pump may be making a noise, but how do you know it is actually moving the water? The impeller may be broken. Is the pipe on one side of the pump hot, but the pipe on the other side cold. If so the pump is not working.

I have not noticed anything like this. Would the boiler not report a faulty if so? Thanks

I have not noticed anything like this. Would the boiler not report a faulty if so? Thanks
Is the boiler runing continuously? Or is it cutting out every few minutes, waiting, and then restarting?

Which boiler do you have?

Sponsored Links
Hey, it’s a
worsterBosch 24i system epr
Yes it’s goes in to anti rapid cycle most of the time bec of the poor or no flow.
Thanks

It is nothing after restricting it as I have Plumbed it in to just the underfloor heating manifold to eliminate eveythi g else. no values no mixer no nothing just flow and return to manifold. So it’s something in the boiler stopping the flow. thanks

Had any work carried out recently? Are the flow and return closed off underneath the boiler? You say there’s no flow, how do you know this ?

Hey. No work really just a new system. Hot water tank and underfloor.
There open underneath boiler.
I know there is no flow bec the pots on the manifold don’t move. And if I close all 12 down have one open I get the smallest amount of flow. Like less than 0.5lpm. Also boiler goes in to anti rapid cycle bec it’s not pushing the heat around. Thanks

I am also correct in there being no diverter in a system boiler? Thanks

Yes. Think last few messages where for someone else. Does anyone have a ideas tho..? I am gunna take the pump out tomorrow but it showing it’s working fine and tried all boiler pump settings too. thanks

Yes along with the Plummer it’s been done under gas safety ect. We are not cowboys. I am just trying to eliminate things to fix the issue.
And going from flow of boiler direct to the flow of a underfloor manifold and the return direct back to boiler you can not get any more basic than this. No values Mixers not bypass nothing but it’s still showing same issue no flow on manifold pots. So it’s the boiler side. I just don’t no what.
Thanks

And no I am not banging 80c around my floor as I don’t have a mixer in testing to fine the route of the issue.
I would love to tho as it would be working with flow lol
Thanks

Well if
Yes along with the Plummer it’s been done under gas safety ect. We are not cowboys

I beg to differ. But if you want to know for sure then link the flow and return pipes of the boiler and see if it circulates through a straight pipe, you havent proven its the boiler at all linking it to UFH manifold as there could be a restriction in the manifold or Air trapped in the UFH pipework. If you think its the boiler you registered gas installer would have already called out worster under their warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back