Boiler flue cracked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

i have an ideal Icos he18 which is working but making a bit of a howling noise every so often. I had someone out to check it and they found nothing wrong but it was dark and they couldn’t check outside. In daylight I can see that there is a problem with the external glue and it has a split on the vertical pipe portion to outside.

could this be causing a howling noise? And is there a replacement roof flue kit such as this available for my boiler?
https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/boiler-flues/ideal-203132-v3-flue-roof-kit/p/207740

I appreciate the boiler is an older one but apart from this, it works fine.

thanks

Sponsored Links
That is an Ideal Logic flue you cant use that and you should turn your boiler off till a repair is made

Yes I know. Just showing an example of the part type needed. Can you get replacements for an icos now?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, almost what I need but I need the bit after that. I need the part that sticks out the roof after the flashing. Looks like a chimney.

I am asking merchants as it seems crazy for a reliable boiler to have to be replaced due to this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back