Boiler Flue in Neighbours Garden

Ho hum. Your problem to deal with then. Unless you've bought the place leasehold, in which case you need to get the freeholder involved.

Sponsored Links
The boiler was in situ when I moved in in 2018 - I have no idea when it was fitted unfortunately but it isn't a particularly old boiler.

We can’t really say anymore without knowing facts.
If it is 25 years old it is not your problem. If 10 years it is. There will be a cut off date between this which I cannot recall.

Make, model and photos would give us more of a clue, but as you say “it is not that old”, then it is probably bad news

I have a similar problem in reverse. We live next to a dry cleaner in the centre of a village and his drying machine vents onto our passageway by our house. Unfortunately he has a right to use this for foot access to his shop but nothing else - but took the opportunity to install it without consultation or agreement when I was away on holiday.
When he first installed it I called the Council as it does emit particulates of conditioner etc but they were unconcerned and refused to take any enforcement action - despite the fact it vents into a covered passageway and my child's bedroom is above it. They simply said it was a civil matter. My solicitor informed me that legal proceedings could go either way - too costly for me to take a risk.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem in reverse. We live next to a dry cleaner in the centre of a village and his drying machine vents onto our passageway by our house. Unfortunately he has a right to use this for foot access to his shop but nothing else - but took the opportunity to install it without consultation or agreement when I was away on holiday.

Start a new thread and post some pictures.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back