Boiler flue new regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I rent a property out and the boiler is on the ground floor and travels through the house to the roof. Part of the flue is behind a wall boxed in on the first floor. I understand new regs due at the end of the year mean the flue must be accessible for a visible inspection. Would access panels be appropriate to fit on the first floor where the flue is boxed in? If so how many would I need to fit ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to be able to inspect every flue joint so it depends what length flue extensions have been used.

Thanks guys, any suggestions where I can get a 30cmx30cm one hour fire proof inspection panel/ door?

Sponsored Links
You need to be able to inspect every flue joint so it depends what length flue extensions have been used.
I'd say you need to be able to inspect the whole flue, how will you know if you can see all the joints or not?

It is a potter ton kingfisher with flue going up from the ground floor to the roof, so I assume will need the inspection doors?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back