Boiler Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A plumber recently fitted a boiler in the same location as the old one - at our request.

The old boiler flue went up the chimney, but the new one could not so we were expecting it to run to the nearest outside wall.

We thought the boiler flue would run tight in the top corner of the room, but it sticks out quite a lot. Apparently because of regulations. Is this correct? See the linked files.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb273/ed2092/

Sponsored Links
The only regulation neede to be complied with here is the 300mm from any opening in the brickwork, i.e. your window! What is opposite the window edge after the flue, another wall. internal/external corner?

Where are the flue support clips, usually you need one per length of flue extension.

Boiler could have been lowered then a vertical section of flue fitted before first bend to get the flue nearer the ceiling.

There were only two options for the location of the boiler. Either where it is or moved to the left of where it is.

The reason we kept it there is that once the boiler is boxed in, it will be flush with the chimney which already protrudes from the wall.

Also, we didn't want the boiler at the patio door end as that's where we'll have the table and the boxing in of the boiler would eat into the space for that.

More pictures added:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb273/ed2092/coll.jpg

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the flue, but the panoramic stitching on your camera isn't working :eek:

Is the wall the boiler has been fitted on a party wall to next door?

As has been said get the installer back to fit at least one clip if not two

I would have advised you to have it installed on the outer wall. Otherwise it will look naff, which it what it does. You could box in the flue, but it will be huge boxing.

I would take it on the chin and pay them to move it to the outer wall. Its not their fault as they did as the customer asked!

The wall it's on goes into the living room.

When it was first discussed, I understood that the flue would run along the top corner of the room, not 30cm down and 30cm out. That is my only concern - I knew I would be boxing something in, just not quite that huge!

It is a condensing boiler, the plastic waste hasn't been fitted yet.

There is no outer wall available, all I could do is move it to the left to shorten the flue - but that is going to restrict the seating area.

sorry, but thats just an eyesore and will cause you problems if you ever want to sell your property ;)

Can't see what manufacturer it is, but do they offer a twin flue, 2 smaller pipe might be easier to box in and neater.

optimax innit fitted a few lately seem ok,, where is the flue clipped? or have i had too many stellas :eek:

timmy74 said:
optimax innit fitted a few lately seem ok,, where is the flue clipped? or have i had too many stellas :eek:

No you haven't, see previous posts, or have the stellas caused you to miss them :LOL:

whats your opinion of Ferrolis these days, worth considering?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back