Boiler for unvented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm thinking of changing my boiler to a Greenstar 40cdi boiler. I have an unvented indirect hot water cylinder. No cold water tank.
Is this boiler suitable for my system?
I thought it was but I looked at the product info document on this page and the diagram shows a vented cylinder with central heating and hot water feed tanks in the loft, neither of which I have.
https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/products/boilers/directory/greenstar-cdi-classic-regular
https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/f...7/updated_links/gas/CDi_Classic_-_Regular.pdf
Maybe an expert here could confirm either way for me please?
Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Currently extending my house - will be 5 bed, 4 bath house when done. Currently have an 18kw boiler. Also installing underfloor heating, so I think it is going to struggle.

I guess what I really need to know is what is the difference between a regular and system boiler, and which one is appropriate for my setup? I think the answer is a system boiler but would quite like that confirmed.

Sponsored Links
A system boiler or a heat only boiler will be fine for your setup, if you have a sealed system. The difference is that the system boiler will have the pump and expansion vessel inside it, whereas with a heat only boiler, your installer will need to add those separately. Personally, I prefer separate, as it means they can be changed out more easily, with different options available. Whereas a system boiler will need manufacturer specific parts. However, if space is an issue, a system boiler may be more appropriate.

If you have an open vent system, then you will need a heat only boiler. Another option would be to convert to a sealed system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back