Boiler Hot, Pilot On, Radiators Cold. Mystery Programmer... can anyone help

I can't find anything else around the boiler or other parts shown in the pictures, the only other parts I can see are another bigger, black water tank next to the one shown, and the room thermostat dial

Sponsored Links
If the pilot is still lite it wont be the overheat stat (I did not realise the o/heat stat was part of the thermocouple) is there any water in the black tank ?

Sponsored Links
The op said the heating was running so would he have fecked about with the gas valve ?

If the pilot is still lite it wont be the overheat stat (I did not realise the o/heat stat was part of the thermocouple) is there any water in the black tank ?

The tank (shown) seems to be about two thirds full

The op said the heating was running so would he have fecked about with the gas valve ?

My 'mate' has gone off to Australia, it is now unclear exactly what was 'fecked with', so to speak, but I was under the impression just the programmer

My 'mate' has gone off to Australia, it is now unclear exactly what was 'fecked with', so to speak, but I was under the impression just the programmer
I'm starting to think they may have relit the pilot after overheat stat cut it off and have not turned the pilot knob fully to on position.

Gas valve grey button should automatically spring to fully open , some tend to stick holding off main gas.
Would be surprised to find an OH stat on this one..;)

I'm starting to think they may have relit the pilot after overheat stat cut it off and have not turned the pilot knob fully to on position.

The pilot has not gone out through whole process, I have pulled that grey knob fully up, programmer on, which resulted in a firing up noise. will check radiators again in ten minutes. Thanks for the thoughts so far everyone

If the black water tank leaks or overflows , all your electrics get wet! Not very clever

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back