boiler in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could any one please tell me what are the regs for fitting a combi in the loft.I know about lighting,handrail around opening and boarded out,is there any thing else required.Also is it ok to build a timber frame to mount the boiler,the frame will be fire boarded with superlux.Is there anywhere where i can see the regs unable to find in corgi book .Thanks

Sponsored Links
isnt there supposed to be some sort of cage round it to now, soon you wont be able to climb into the loft to service the damn things soon once they are fitted there :rolleyes:

i seem to think i read that you have to protect to stop things being stacked up on it ,is this right

peter the plumber said:
hi could any one please tell me what are the regs for fitting a combi in the loft.I know about lighting,handrail around opening and boarded out,is there any thing else required.Also is it ok to build a timber frame to mount the boiler,the frame will be fire boarded with superlux.Is there anywhere where i can see the regs unable to find in corgi book .Thanks

You seem to have all the points covered ;)

Sponsored Links
Not sure about any other reg's than the one's you mentioned in your first post, but it's good practice to fit a secondary pressure gauge and fill loop in a cupboard or similar downstairs, along with the usual frost protection/ lagging of course!

Seen a few around this way with built in clocks too !! :LOL:

dont forget a lift for the fat and lazy service engineer

Coor I would love that

or at least some kind of pulley system

:)

peter the plumber said:
would it be ok to be fitted on a timber frame :?:

if you place it on (i think) 40 minutes flame retardant material

dont forget the isolator for the gas (where practicable) on the first floor

boilers in the loft are a bleeedin nuscience

tell me about it,they have a nice airing cupboard in the bathroom just right for the boiler but because her friend at the kids school has her boiler in the loft it is a great idea :evil:The space in the old cylinder cupboard would be a nice place to keep towels. All to keep up with the jones :rolleyes:

well explain to her HOW much its going to cost and then HOW much she would save by having it in the airing cupboard

bottom line dear boy bottom line

peter the plumber said:
she might have to stop using the 4x4 for the school run for a few weeks,but she will be happy :LOL:

4x4 poor hard up cow

thought all the yummy mummies had moved on the chieftan tanks to pick ludmilla and tarquin up from school these days

LMAO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back