Combi boiler in loft (timber framed building regs)

Hi i am new to this forum only found it today think you really should call time on this discussion. I have been to many installations by homeowners that have been first class and much better than most installations by Corgi registered plumbers also have been to 2 or 3 that were potentially very dangerous and had to be disconnected and isolated from gas supply. Also on the other hand I have been to many installations by Corgi registered installers that have ranged from very poor to completely contravening gas safety regulations so it works both ways. If you are installing your own heating system the best advice I can give you is don’t use don’t turn on gas or electrical supply until it has been tested and commissioned by a competent corgi resisted engineer Good Luck. P S in most cases of fitting a boiler on a combustible wall or timber framed building you are best referring back to the manufacturer because all boilers will be different in this aspect some you can some you cant.

Gas Engineer for 24 years 8 with British Gas 10 with Potterton 6 Self Employed
;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
welcome to the forums, but to save you some grief you can make a signature in "my profile" which will appear on all your posts (saves you typing it all the time) but do read this

Thanks for that I am only a dumb heating engineer ;) cant expect me to be able to work a computer as well. Don’t expect I will be a regular on this board as usually I don’t have the time but I am taking it easy for a few weeks with a bad back so if I can help any one out and relief my boredom at the same time I will

well like the rest of us you will find it "adictive" you are obviously hooked seeing as you are at your 13th post after only joining today

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry, this post is way late but could not help but have a quiet chuckle to myself..... I am myself working towards becoming a gas safe engineer and by trade is a mechanical design engineer.I can't help but think most corgi guys should get their heads out their arse and join the real world. You guys are not half as special as you like to think you are and pretty much everything you know is written in that little manual that comes with any new boiler.....bit difficuilt to get wrong ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back