boiler installation

Sponsored Links
£10k up front and 12% of turnover, for leads? You've got to be kidding!

Sponsored Links
You expect to "earn" your £10K back in 7 - 10 jobs?. per job. So you expect to CLEAR between £1000 and £1428 AFTER paying your 12% turnover fee and other overheads?. At the same time the helpful guy told you he did 27 jobs in February? So he CLEARED a minimum of £27K in a month?

!2% of turnover is massive, especially in a material intensive job such as boiler changing. Is the 12% pre or post VAT? Can you do your "own" work, without paying 12%?

If you are struggling to beat British Gas etc, given that you should be able to under price them, maybe something is wrong with your public persona, and you still have to sell yourself when converting the Homeserve leads. BG etc are difficult to beat price wise on their fixed price deals, but installs are a different matter.

I don't really get paying that much for, essentially, leads. How well are they qualified. How many leads did the guy have to service to get 27 hits. When did he get the time to survey, quote and convert. Does the £10K cover livery to your van, and stationery etc? Must the van be below a certain age?

I am not trying to just shoot you down, but these are just simple questions that popped straight into my head as I read your post(s)

Who "owns" the client? I am guessing that you do the install.and then they sell the servicing and repairs to another punter?

As Dan suggested, join the CC.

Oh, and ignore Dave Simms. I personally know a guy with the same name.
He is a complete knob as well.

Good luck.

I saw an advert for this. Said you needed minimum of 3 engineers and 3 office staff.

I would like to think if i had 6 staff working for my business, i would be in a good position not needing to adapt to a franchise.

As mentioned before 12% of turnover seems steep. On a grands worth of materials your already 120 notes down before even getting your tools out. It's all well and good buying a franchised area, but homeserve have directly employed people as well. Do you really think they are going to pay someone to sit on their derrière to give you the work. Personally IMO it's just another way to make an extra buck for very little outlay in homeserve's favour.

I can tell you its a load of b locks 10k for 10 years :ROFLMAO: more like 10k a year minimum plus a big cut of everything , Franchises are the way forward and banks like them because you can't fail unless you are a completely useless idiot and their money is more or less guaranteed

The assylums are swelling with franchisee failures having their breakdowns after their wives leftthem for costing ratjer than earning money.

usually bought by people with no experience, just finished their military service, or made redundant from a different career.

No way are franchises a safe investment. More like a stupid investment. easy way to loose you nest egg.

Paul I hear what you are saying and agree but established Franchises don't go bust , McDonalds for example costs 1 million pounds and you have to train for a year at a branch of their choice to be even considered.

What Homeserve want is your £10K plus 12% and they own all your customers.

They are already doing the marketing and own the contracts for maintenance so I'm sure they have plenty of leads.....it's just that 12% is a lot of your margin.

You would have to charge 12% more than you do now, which could mean you lose more quotes. Instead of quoting £3000 you will have to be at £3336; how competitive are you going to be against BG then, with their laptops and incessant talk of £400 quid off.

You might think the public are sharp enough to spot that (a) BG aren't really paying £400 for scrap (b) their boilers are never really half price and (c) their quality is variable, to put it politely.

But they're not. One of our customers thought he could buy the boiler at half price from BG (as advertised) and then get us to fit it. Of course, BG couldn't do that because there is no half price boiler, it is a fiction. And he was a city banker; makes you wonder how people land these jobs.

Sponsored Links
Back