Tracker On Work Van

How much would one cost?..im thinking of getting one fitted to my van.

Roughly a pound a day + a few bits..

Had them fitted and whilst I don't spend my day looking at them they have certainly had an effect ;)

Cheets

Richard

Sponsored Links
i've just had a tracker fitted on my van :cry:

,Whilst i can understand some of the reasons behind this i.e cheaper insurance,keeping an eye on where you are etc i was wondering if anybody else here has a tracker fitted by an employer to their van and if there are any 'things' i need to be aware of? I pay tax on the van,so i can use it for personal/out of hours use.Can i be questioned about these activities if it isn't during work hours.
Im sure over time i'll think of more scenarios :rolleyes:

THANKS

Just buy one of these. Plugs in cigarette lighter, job done. :cool:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Jaffa72";p="899987 said:
i've just had a tracker fitted on my van :cry:

,Whilst i can understand some of the reasons behind this i.e cheaper insurance,keeping an eye on where you are etc i was wondering if anybody else here has a tracker fitted by an employer to their van and if there are any 'things' i need to be aware of?

THANKS[/quote

I knew of a bloke from Jolly old England who had a tracker installed on his van and one day he saw the van moving as he watched on the monitor he saw the van pull up in front of his home and found his employee parked at his (employers) home with the wife.

Somethings are best left unknown

Now the bloke (tracker buyer) is in jail wife with the employee and everyone is happy PLUS no more trackers to tattle tale

My current boss trusts his staff, and as a result gets much more respect from his lads, and we are not looking for ways to beat the system just to get one up on him.

IMO that sums it up.

Fitting trackers wont solve the problem of bad/spinless management and the resulting loss of respect.

Sponsored Links
Never mind vans, what about works' phones?

I've just got some software which will allow someone (with the correct password!) to text me and see where I am.

It's designed to track a stolen phone, but has other uses.

Good for anyone who works alone, or does late night calls.

Never mind vans, what about works' phones?

I've just got some software which will allow someone (with the correct password!) to text me and see where I am.

It's designed to track a stolen phone, but has other uses.

Good for anyone who works alone, or does late night calls.

Works alone and does night calls?

Seems a pistol would be a great tool in the tool pan (box) or possibly an ankle holster and a 38 cal snub nose or 357

Mr Smith and Wesson make great companions when working where trouble may crop up.

Many years ago a plumber I met was telling me he received a middle of the night no heat call he explained it had to be CASH as he did not know the people.

He replaced the boilers thermo couple and the circulator spent several hours there and they paid him.

On his way back to his van a gentleman held a knife to the plumbers throat and said give me the cash and after relieving the plumber the hold up man ( possibly a friend of the no heat call) then sliced the plumbers face FOR NO REASON WHAT SO EVER

trouble with trackers are bosses!
they get a new toy and the turn into fat frank cannon or jim rockford..
do some work yourself instead of looking at everyone else.

if some one is rubbish you can see it by the amount of work produced over a period.
i absolutly despise that attitude where the ones who moan are the ones who need it most. that is a massive generalisation.
if you are a boss then get off your arse and sack the skatey blokes.
blokes in vans earn bosses money,not the otherway around.

i know of a case where a boss sacked his best worker after he fitted trackers.

the guy worked for a swimming pool company and they had stopped at a mobile tea van. the tracker said the van was in a field when it was on the A3 near guildford.
the boss reckoned that this man was doing a private for a council run swimming pool which was over two miles away.
never mind that matey would have had to cross the motorway and walked through fields with his stuff to get there..

the boss sacked him.
my friend had just started in the company and was being shown the ropes
he had already decided the job was not for him but this was the final knock.
my friend left a week later but not before telling that boss that they had not done anything wrong.
the boss trusted a faulty tracker rather thatn his most productive worker...
paid a pittance . 8 till 8 in summer, and got paid 15,000...

what a boss that is!

childminder......
that is so typical of a bosses attitude :rolleyes:

treat as you find.

everyone else is a skate, its always you who works hard..
pah!

if you really want to confuse them park on different levels above each other in a multi-story car park! :LOL:

Basically I disconnect mine by taking the glovebox out of my Astra(four screws).It sends the office scatty....."Where are you".....I tell them a pack of lies,they say they can't see me,I tell them a pack of lies.They then get a bloke out to check my satnav who can't find anything wrong with it because I've reconnected it.
If the firm want to play at that game..................
All it boils down to is Big Brother.I told a manager to go away in short jerking movements because he said I'd been home during the course of the working day.
Disconnect it mate,but leave no evidence that it's been tampered with.
Good Luck.

Sponsored Links
Back