Tracker on your van/car etc?

Not being funny here, but if I had an employee who took a vehicle home at night/weekends, I would be a bit cheesed off to find they'd used it for anything other than my business without at least asking me first, I would probably say yes if asked, within reason.
Some folks seem to think employers are some sort of charity, free tool & vehicle hire service, they are not

well il tell you what get your self a yard an you can tell your employes to park it there of a night at your cost. my drive is not a advertising joint for your company! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The OP is a spammer and that website is illegal for not listing the companies name and address.

Sponsored Links
not bein funny mate, but exactly "who" does the van belong to? if it belongs to him he can pretty much do what the hell he likes, it's his van not yours

Just a thought but what's the point of fitting a tracker to prevent or deter a theft if the crims only got to use one of these things?

the crims are using these things, a 6 metre range i think, so you might be ****ing off a lot of other people too. especially the police car at the lights stopped behind you.

don't these things also scramble the phone signal too?

Hmm never thought about the problem with 'phones studips.
I think I'll stick with a visible deterent such as a crooklock and maybe some stickers to say the van is tracked ;)
The company I work for has trackers fitted to the vans and hasn't really been a problem. A couple of the lads have been warned about speeding and there is the occasional question about leaving early. Now ( and no names here) our plant manager has told us of the trick of placing a sheet of lead on the dashboard to block the signal. The vans are transits and the trackers are fitted just above the instruments so relatively easy to do, although nobody has bothered to do it even to see if it even works. :eek:

makes sense that lead trick - gps signals are quite weak.

a friend of mine is about to be trackered and he's not a happy bunny.

i think he's just lucky his boss didn't just have them fitted on the quiet

"well il tell you what get your self a yard an you can tell your employes to park it there of a night at your cost. my drive is not a advertising joint for your company!" works two ways mate, then you'd have to use your own transport to get to work in the morning :rolleyes:

Hmm never thought about the problem with 'phones studips.
I think I'll stick with a visible deterent such as a crooklock and maybe some stickers to say the van is tracked ;)
The company I work for has trackers fitted to the vans and hasn't really been a problem. A couple of the lads have been warned about speeding and there is the occasional question about leaving early. Now ( and no names here) our plant manager has told us of the trick of placing a sheet of lead on the dashboard to block the signal. The vans are transits and the trackers are fitted just above the instruments so relatively easy to do, although nobody has bothered to do it even to see if it even works. :eek:

read earlier on in the thread, trackers supposedly have a 30 day cache.

So this would mean that the tracker records would show up as having a blank period ?
Which I suppose points towards either somebodies been a bit naughty or there's a fault with the tracker?
From what I've been told about our trackers there is an alert sent by e-mail if a vehical exceeds 77mph or is moving after a specfic time.

So this would mean that the tracker records would show up as having a blank period ?
Which I suppose points towards either somebodies been a bit naughty or there's a fault with the tracker?
From what I've been told about our trackers there is an alert sent by e-mail if a vehical exceeds 77mph or is moving after a specfic time.

no, it stores the movements and then sends the data when it has a signal.

the alerts can be set for just about anything i believe. ours are set for movement outside of working hours, possibly speeding too. old boss said it was a pain in the arse, he would get 40 alerts a day and just deleted them all without looking, don't think the new guy will be so forgiving.

The OP is a spammer and that website is illegal for not listing the companies name and address.

It may be advertising spam but...
What law is that then?
(The one being broken to make the website illegal?)

Sponsored Links
Back