Tracker On Work Van

If you use foil it works.... but.....upon removal of said foil ALL the info is then transmitted from the time when covered..........then Gotchya :eek:

Sponsored Links
If you use foil it works.... but.....upon removal of said foil ALL the info is then transmitted from the time when covered..........then Gotchya :eek:

I presume these trackers use GPS ? If so, then if you're not receiving any positional info, then apart from any standalone metrics, what info could be transmitted?

A static discharge gun works very well too, give it a high voltage shock & block the bejeezaz out of it leaving no evidence.
Then you just happen to have a van that blows them up, sooner or later it wont be replaced :D

Well if certain vans, belong to certain characters, persistently have issues with the GPS module, when other vans/employees don't, and neither do 99.9% of those particular units, then at a guess a manager would be likely to be suspicious.

Sponsored Links
A static discharge gun works very well too, give it a high voltage shock & block the bejeezaz out of it leaving no evidence.
Then you just happen to have a van that blows them up, sooner or later it wont be replaced :D

Your mate a scouser :LOL:

Well if certain vans, belong to certain characters, persistently have issues with the GPS module, when other vans/employees don't, and neither do 99.9% of those particular units, then at a guess a manager would be likely to be suspicious.

maybe, but lets see him prove it.

worked for a callout company once (briefly).

Would be travelling between jobs, and stop for lunch. on several occasions while doing so, the phone would ring:

"Ben, are you on your way to that job?"

"er, yeah"

"you sure"

"yeah, why?"

"okay, just checking"

"??!?"

Was told later that they had trackers in all the vans (illegal not to tell employees). They "outed" a couple of blokes who went back to a client to do some work on the side by cross referencing the GPS location to recent jobs, then ringing up the client and saying "oh, I'm xxxx mate, can I speak to him". Client would be puzzed but hand the phone over, for the guy to be told "hi, you're sacked."

I used to know or could have a damn good guess where the guys were - without trackers.

Good ones for me were phoning up the cafe from my car outside (not in lunch hour) and asking if they could ask "dave" to order me a sandwich and cup of tea as I would be along in a few minutes

Shouting "hows the back?" to "dave" while he was off sick loading stuff at the merchants

Waving to "dave" while I am heading up the street away from his house while he is driving towards it - way before 5PM

Sitting outside the job dead on 8AM

Oh, and it was not always Dave!

Its not so much that the guys go off and doss or whatever (I've done it and more myself) but its when they are not man enough to acknowledge that they have been copped and apologise, that really got my back up. Or when they took the p with lots of poxy excuses. :rolleyes:

How about some folk complaining about too much work kicking jobs back. But the tracker report for work shows they are home for 3 pm. After a wee word of warning to them friendly like before it got to boss level. I got the usual (gies a break and big brother and all that) One of the daft idiots continued to moan and still finish early. After complaints from the office the guys tracker report for the week was run again. Only to show his van out all over the place at all hours up to 10pm.

Oh and by the way he had opted out of private use and we only work to 5 in the summer and 6 in the winter!!
Put yer head up above the parapet and it will get shot!!

The fuse for the tracker on our vans is wired and sealed with a seal from the fitting company. If the guy is called out to a faulty tracker and this seal is missing or damaged its classed as a tamper fault and reported as such.
A report is done every couple of days to make sure vans are moving about and trackers working if they are not an automatic job is arranged for service call to fix it.

We have to submit timesheets which are corralated with trackers,which are often wrong,saying you havent been to a certain address etc.
Now we have pda phones which we were told were tracked, but after a week someones was stolen and then it transpired they were not as they coiuldnt trace it at all ,lying barstewards.

Been with a trackered van, my mate tracking, 2 yrs ago, cost 20p to enquire where the vehicle was

must be easy/cheap with a large fleet?

my main problem is geting told off for speeding! as it tells office with speed / location evry 3 mins. apart from that im all for them. as a engineer who drives a trackered van if i get accused of not doing jobs properly (due to being there no time at all) and also i know i can prove what overtime i do as before some people would book times when they were at home

Sponsored Links
Back