Goverment Tracker

Pensdown said:
How would you feel if your employer tracked your every move at work

Would you feel secure or spied on?

We have a tracker on every van in out fleet, monitored by our office.

We are spied on.

It is to stop us sloping off five minuets early on a night, or doing guvvie jobs & private mileage etc.

Sponsored Links
I am very pleased that your employer is concerned to ensure that all the employees are working as they should!

All I can suggest is that if that bothers you in any way then you have something to hide!

Agile said:
I am very pleased that your employer is concerned to ensure that all the employees are working as they should!

All I can suggest is that if that bothers you in any way then you have something to hide!
how many lines is this them?

Agile said:

What if your employer or the government decided to bug your home & mobile phone?

I assume that would not bother you because you have nothing to hide?

Sponsored Links
wont work and it will never ever ever ever be brought in as it is totally unpolicable

and the masses would start to revolt and the powers that be would lose out even more

what would they do if all of us said ***k you to road tax ??

crafty1289 said:
johnb80 said:
only the guilty have anything to fear
exactly. they aren't going to spy on someone who isn't wanted by the law, are they?
Of course they will - you are incredibly naive. From the humble kettle for steaming open letters onwards, there is not one piece of surveillance technology that has not at some point been illegally used by various organs of state security to spy on people who are not breaking the law but are doing things that annoy the state.

What would be the point?
Surveillance of dissidents, control and repression.

And its not like there will be records kept of everyone's journeys ever, that would take up too much computer storage.
Don't bet on it.

I expect the computers will simply count up the miles, and if the police need to see any particular, they will need special permission to access the satellite data.
Will these be the same police that illegally detained people in Oxford St a few years ago, or the ones who unlawfully arrested people demonstrating against the visit of the Chinese premier, because they were embarrassing the government?

Or maybe it will be the same police who during the miner's strike stopped vehicles hundreds of miles away from Nottinghamshire if they suspected that they contained people travelling to legally join a legal picket line?

Or perhaps it will be the same police who illegally confined anti-war protesters in their coaches?

To be honest, i doubt very much that the current route / activity info will be used to pick up on minor offences. It would be way too complex to work in this way - it would need a whole army of programmers to draw on every yellow line and its hours of operation, every bus lane and its hours, every closed road and when its opened, and then to programme the computer to pick up on offences such as this. You get the picture. Its a massive, near-impossible task.
It will provide them with the means to impose unwarranted surveillance and repression.

Pensdown said:
Agile said:

What if your employer or the government decided to bug your home & mobile phone?

I assume that would not bother you because you have nothing to hide?
Perhaps also he should have extra sets of keys cut, and give them to the police, the Inland Revenue etc, so that they can enter his house whenever they like, and have a nosey around.

After all - he has nothing to hide.

And its not like there will be records kept of everyone's journeys ever, that would take up too much computer storage.

ANPR is already doing that (not forever though)..anyone passing one has that data 'stored' (for 2 years so far I believe) , and the network is being expanded rapidly..

Funny isn't it about how people get uptight about any attack on their 'perceived freedom' of driving their car, and yet are not so bothered about the NIR etc which will record an individuals activities!

ellal said:
Funny isn't it about how people get uptight about any attack on their 'perceived freedom' of driving their car, and yet are not so bothered about the NIR etc which will record an individuals activities!
Some of us are quite bothered about that too...

ban-all-sheds said:
ellal said:
Some of us are quite bothered about that too...

Don't worry..I've noticed.. :D

But on talking to people in general about this government's databases and tracking, more people seem concerned that they will have a device in their car than the one they'll have in their pocket!

RF Lighting said:
Pensdown said:
How would you feel if your employer tracked your every move at work

Would you feel secure or spied on?

We have a tracker on every van in out fleet, monitored by our office.

We are spied on.

It is to stop us sloping off five minuets early on a night, or doing guvvie jobs & private mileage etc.

We still use the old fashion tracker system called trust and it still works very well. Fitting trackers in engineers vans for the reasons you've given shows weak leadership and a total lack of trust.

Pensdown said:
We still use the old fashion tracker system called trust and it still works very well. Fitting trackers in engineers vans for the reasons you've given shows weak leadership and a total lack of trust.

Well said!

crafty1289 said:
It could be used to see people who have stopped on the motorway, where a police officer can be despatched to see what the matter is.

doubt that would work. gatso's aint mobile and wouldnt be able to help someone stuck

It seems that most of you are unaware that most of these functions are already active on motorways and some trunk roads!

The new green boxes on the motorway bridges look at your car's index and check to see if it is taxed or stolen.

It also tracks you throught your journey to see if your average speed between "looks" indicates an excessive speed .

These are being installed as part of the Government's new road charging procedure. I understand the speed checking function is not being used excutively for penalties yet, just for gathering stats.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back