Goverment Tracker

simon_d said:
crafty1289 said:
It could be used to see people who have stopped on the motorway, where a police officer can be despatched to see what the matter is.

doubt that would work. gatso's aint mobile and wouldnt be able to help someone stuck
have you been listening? we are talking about transmitters INSIDE cars that use satellite navigation technology to inform a government dept. how much tax to charge us. I was making the point that some good could come of it - helping stranded motorists whose satellite signal has stopped dead on the motorway.

And Agile, the govt. knows when your car isn't taxed, as the telly adverts tell us. they also require insurance when you tax the car, so theres little chance of this being out of date either. What "green boxes"? i have seen small radar-like objects on bridges, but was aware these are traffic counters linked to a traffic control nerve centre, which also monitors cameras on motorways (the green boxes point straight down - how the hell do they read my numberplate?). And if such a device were being installed as part of a road charging scheme, why haven't i heard of it?

I know of the "time speed average" camera system, such as the one on the stocksbridge bypass in south yorkshire (see below for example), which measures the speed of the car over a length of road, but your theory on it being used to detect untaxed cars is unfounded. ANPR traffic cop cars already do this, and they CAN because obviously there are 2 coppers sitting with it, and can pursue. What are the fixed cameras going to do? climb down and chase the car? If its not taxed, chances are its not registered to anyone. They can hardly send a letter to H456 ABC, can they?

SPECS_A616_320x225.jpg
The SPECS cameras that lurk along the whole distance of the stocksbridge bypass, at every exit.

Sponsored Links
"""And if such a device were being installed as part of a road charging scheme, why haven't i heard of it?"""

You have not heard of it because they have kept it very hushed up!!!

Its not surprising really is it? They are installing the technology and they are politically "sounding the way" by making the odd statement every so often so that you have heard it all when they bring it in in a year or so time.

Dont quote me because ytou are not supposed to know and I am not supposed to be telling you. Just be grateful.

The cameras look down at an angle of about 35 degrees and the boxes are quite big.

Tony

You can get a mobile phone 'chipped' so I guess that they'll be chipped just the same.

Sponsored Links
Back