Boiler issues. Am I being taken for a ride?

Thanks for all your responses and sorry for the delay in replying. Some people seem to be very annoyed. It wasn't my intention to start any arguments, more to try to understand the situation with my limited knowledge.

For the poster (Joe1977) who suggested switching off the fused spur. I'm not going to touch anything because the electrician did a temporary fix (which I don't understand) and I have electricity. I'm scared if I start meddling with things, it'll all turn off again. Interestingly the RCD is down, although the electricity is working - which I didn't think could happen.

My main concern is still the boiler and trying to find out about this mysterious valve. Does anyone know what valve it might be, that would cause a boiler to not let the heating work and to make a bang sound as it switches off?

I don't have a service plan with the current company and they haven't let me know about any charges except for saying that a new pump would cost a couple of hundred quid.

I've contacted 3 other firms now in the hope of getting a second opinion.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your electrician has bypassed your RCD then, which isn't safe and could get him in a lot of trouble if you get an electric shock as a result

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sounds like your electrician has bypassed your RCD then, which isn't safe and could get him in a lot of trouble if you get an electric shock as a result
Oh goodness, another thing to worry about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back