boiler istalation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i intend to install my own heating system and combi boiler
is it ok for me to put the boiler up and then get it tested by a qualified engineer.
how mutch of it can i do myself, ?
if so what cetificate do i need. ?.

Sponsored Links
Kevin is 'hang the rads' said in a similar manner to kick the cat, hang the job or hang it, i'm off.

surely i dont need to be corgi registered to hang the thing on the wall and plumb the water, ?

Sponsored Links
ring up the buildong control office at the local council. They might agree for you to do it yourself and then pay for it to be inspected by them :?:

you cannot do the water side just in case there is a leak which would lead to an explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then there is the vast amount of money the plumber would loose doing the rip off power flush

Yeah, install it all yourself, who cares? If you don't tell building control, you will just be committing a string of criminal offences.

the fitter who fill's out the benchmark log book carry's the can for the lot (last man on job)

so he fit's it
he commissions it

he signs it off
he infirm's the dog that it has been done

he pays the dog to listen to him tell them

ahh bo**ocks

do it yourself who cares

Kev i appreciate that the if the fitter does the whole job he signs the lot of but on a serious note so i can understand is there a valid safety issue if a non corgi reg plumber did the water side does this affect the gas side of the installation at all, im not taking the p**s im just trying to understand

am i right in thinking that the law states that only a competent person may install gas.
so if you diy you do not need to be corgi ?
if you are competent that is...
why can you buy gas fittings in B&Q.

johnad said:
is it ok for me to put the boiler up and then get it tested by a qualified engineer.

OK, consider the following situation. :-

You've just bought a property, heating system is already installed, you've no paperwork with it, no idea who installed it or anything

Naturally you want to know its all safe so you get a gas safety inspection. What does the inspection guy do in those circumstances. The installation may be spot on, no leaks, conform to building regs blah blah etc etc. But he doesn't know if it was installed by a CORGI fitter, or John Prescotts auntie, or anyone else. Does he still sign it off, or what?

I'd be interested to know actually since my heating was all in place when I moved in.

i take it that means there is no valid safety issue with the water side and does not affect the gas side at all just a case of rip of britain

robgee1964 i to would want to know if some idiot had installed a gas appliance in my home but what i am asking is what safety issues are involved in the water side how does this affect the gas side if at all yes i totally agree no one should fit ,mess with any gas fitting or appliance at all unless fully trained

robgee1964 said:
johnad said:

OK, consider the following situation. :-

You've just bought a property, heating system is already installed, you've no paperwork with it, no idea who installed it or anything

Naturally you want to know its all safe so you get a gas safety inspection. What does the inspection guy do in those circumstances. The installation may be spot on, no leaks, conform to building regs blah blah etc etc. But he doesn't know if it was installed by a CORGI fitter, or John Prescotts auntie, or anyone else. Does he still sign it off, or what?

I'd be interested to know actually since my heating was all in place when I moved in.

if you are issuing a cp1 or a cp 12 all that is being recorded is the state of the installation at the time of inspection

as for q&b (and all the sheds) selling gas fitting's

some of us in the industry have been active in trying to do something about this issue

music-smiley-021.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back