Boiler kicking in to soon

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
OK so house got to temp about 20 mins ago, 21 degrees and ten mins later it switches back on when it's still reading 21 degrees and burns for another ten mins. I just caught video in link as it was just switching off.

I just caught video in link as it was just switching off.

That boiler is running well above the economic condensing temperature. Might you be able to turn the boiler output temperature down a bit?

Overshooting the set room temperature a little, is common on a simple system which doesn't modulate.

I think you need to make sure whether it is the room stat that is sending a call for heat signal to the boiler and the boiler is correct in responding or the boiler is firing randomly which is another thing entirely.

I think you need to make sure whether it is the room stat that is sending a call for heat signal to the boiler and the boiler is correct in responding or the boiler is firing randomly which is another thing entirely.

You can decide check that, by getting the place up to temperature and turning the stat right the way down, to see if the boiler continues to fire..

OK so what temperature do you suggest?

The lower the better, but still hot enough to provide enough heat into the place. 55C is good, but how do you heat your water - have you a separate setting for heating water?

Yes there is a separate setting for water. It won't let me lower the radiator temp. I think it has in the past tho. This boiler would not have been my choice. It's what is in the house we are renting

does anyone think turning the TVRs down will make boiler run smoother? but then less heat means more time to get to temperature i guess

ok so in the first picture boiler output temperature was set ant 55 but over shooting to just over 70. ands in the second picture i have disconnected the receiver for the thermostat to reduce it down to 10. it would not let me reduce temperature while receiver was connected. i have a feeling i will have to increase it again but at least this is a starting point.

ok so after posting this i seen in the user guide that boiler output temp should be set to 30 so i have adjusted.

Attachments

• glow worm1.jpg
    glow worm1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 42
  • glow worm 2.jpg
    glow worm 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back