Boiler mains electical connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I visited a friends flat (cos he is overseas) to check on a completely new (from scratch) combo boiler installation. All works okay. It I am concerned over the legality of the wiring connection. The boiler is in the kitchen and the plumber has simply put a plug on the end of the cable and plugged it into one of the double sockets on the kitchen work top. I would have thought it requires a seperate fused supply (similar to a cooker). Am I correct?

Sponsored Links
a switch fuse spur would be better

but if the plumber is not part p then he has no choice but to put on a plug :D

Am I correct?
No, assuming everything else is correctly wired.

All accessories - programmers, thermostats, motorised valves etc. - should also be controlled by this plug.

Boilers and central heating use very little electrical power.

Sponsored Links
but if the plumber is not part p then he has no choice but to put on a plug :D
How can a plumber be, or not be, reasonable provision shall be made in the design and installation of electrical installations in order to protect persons operating, maintaining or altering the installations from fire or injury?

Doesn't make sense.

And making the final connection of fixed wiring by the use of a plugtop does not magically make notifiable work become none notifiable.

OK, in that case how can an electrician and plumber be, or not be, reasonable provision shall be made in the design and installation of electrical installations in order to protect persons operating, maintaining or altering the installations from fire or injury?

You keep saying things which are nonsense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back