Boiler manufacturer states must have annual service

To the OP.

A newly installed boiler would ideally be checked a couple of weeks after installation and I sometimes actually do that.

The reason is that many compression fittings need to be checked for tightness after thermally cycling for a while.

So an internal inspection after one year is very important to ensure that nothing is leaking and that the combustion settings are correct as they can drift and in many cases have not been properly set up by the installer.

I once saw a three year old boiler under a BG contract. They had never opened it and just did the FGA and left. In reality the inside had been leaking in five places and was really an economic write off. I listed the leak placed and the BG engineer read then all, inspected the boiler and ordered the parts and fixed the boiler the next day.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back