boiler pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please,

boiler pilot light went out but now will not ignite ?

any ideas i don't see a flash or spark when trying to ignite it so could it be the thermocouple or the ignition electrode.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
If there is no spark then it is not going to be the thermocouple. It is either the spark generator or associated with the ignition electrode.

But, with the possible exception of the spark generator, none of the other aspects are suitable for DIY repairs.

We are not allowed to give any advice here on DIY work on gas or combustion aspects.

Even if we were, without you telling us the boiler make or model, there would be little we could say.

So the advice is to call a competent boiler engineer!

Tony

Sponsored Links
They are not very friendly at all.

But that does not change the situation which is that no one is allowed to give you advice here on DIY repairs to gas/combustion aspects.

Call an RGI

got someone coming round tomorrow, but just to say when i look through the little window i am supposed to see a flash or something aren't i when it's trying to light up ? is that right as i hear it clicking but see nothing not a flash or spark or nothing.

no i think its a friendly format 80, i definately see no flash or spark through the window, so i'm thinking its the electrode.

your boiler does not have a pilot light, what you are calling a pilot light is the main burner igniting and you can see this in the viewing window, all you can check yourself is system pressure , gas supply is on and electricity is on , after that you need an engineer, a common fault on this boiler is the Overheat stat activating but not something you can reset yourself

i see but surely i should see a flash of somekind to indicate the ignition is working ? no, gas supply seems good. but anyway engineer in the morning should sort it.

do you have any other gas appliances ? Cooker, Hob Fire ? are they working ?

no not gas, but i know gas is coming out of that valve as i can hear it hissing.

Leave it eh? You've got ****ing good ears if you can hear gas coming out of a boiler ignition point with all the covers on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back