boiler pilot light

Sponsored Links
Nor me. What I quote is what I want. You are getting us confused with car, kitchen and double glazing salesmen.

Last edited:
I would not expect to be charging anything like that.

Also think there is a second fault too.

But anyone who calls and offers me a lower price gets a simple "I a sorry but our price is what we have quoted to you, goodbye" followed by ending the call immediately without listening to any response.

In most cases if they later call back to accept my quote then I tell them that they had the opportunity to accept the figure before but the offer has now lapsed!

Sponsored Links
My instinct was right, i switched it on and the flume fan spins making a croaking creaking noise spins faster and faster and then stops dead like it gets stuck.

so looks like this is the fault.

My instinct was right, i switched it on and the flume fan spins making a croaking creaking noise spins faster and faster and then stops dead like it gets stuck.
Im glad your insticnt was right and not the numerous engineers that told you it was not the pump,
and what about your pump ? what are you going to do about that ?

exactly i don't think it is the water pump, they never checked the flume fan and its rattling, creaking and getting stuck like hell, if they were that good at diagnosing why did they not tell me the flume fan also needs replacing ?

while i turn the boiler on the green led on the pcb is clicking on and off like mad in tandem with the fans operation.

numerous engineers you mean the 2 that came here.

didn't even know how to reset the boiler, did not even attempt to relight it and just went straight to take the cover off and manually light it with a blow torch, did not check it with any instrument like measure the fans resistance etc or use any diagnostic equipment apart from a blow torch.

Sounds like your boiler has multiple issues.
You need to find a decent boiler man for a start.
Can any friends or relatives recommend anyone?

exactly i don't think it is the water pump, they never checked the flume fan and its rattling, creaking and getting stuck like hell, if they were that good at diagnosing why did they not tell me the flume fan also needs replacing ?

didn't even know how to reset the boiler, did not even attempt to relight it and just went straight to take the cover off and manually light it with a blow torch, did not check it with any instrument like measure the fans resistance etc or use any diagnostic equipment apart from a blow torch.

I wonder how they got it to light without the air pressure switch being made ? fan not running ect.

oh i see so would the flume fan stop boiler burner light from coming back on ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back