boiler pilot light

Sponsored Links
Its the pump thats the problem and been quoted £480 to replace it including draining etc ? seems excessive to me but that includes the pump and labour.

So is that a fully inclusive quote for exchanging the pump ?

Can see sulking is possibly in for more disappointment if pump changed

Here is a little Friendly :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: advice
Get your engineer to diagnose the fault
If boiler fails every time, then fault location is easy as falling off a log- changing parts without proper thought process is not necessary

Not saying pump could not be faulty, but if all needs proper fault finding is what I am saying

Contrary to what Tony says, Sime is like many other boilers- if does what if is meant to do

Sponsored Links
They took £65 from me for diagnostic and then they quoted £480 which includes pump, draining the system and the labour.

I'm just going off what they told me, said the pump was seized and when he turned it using pliers it made a grinding noise, what more can i say they have good reviews online he used a blow torch to light the burner to see if there was gas coming through and it lit up.

But what i don't understand is how can this affect the boiler not sparking in the first place ? as surely the pump only starts running when the heating is on ??

If the water is hot in the pipes, higher temperature than controls are set at, burner will not light.

Looks like the guy is in the ball

not saying that your boiler does not need a new pump as I have not seen it, but the burner not lighting is not because your pump is done, the burner should not light with a blowtorch and not on its own, some boilers have a primary water pressure switch that tells the boiler that it has water in it and that the pump is running, yours doesnt, with your it has a limit thermostat and an overheat thermostat, if the pump fails then these are activated as the boiler overheats and cut power to the gas valve and the ignition system, your boiler may need a pump but there is something else wrong if he lit the burner with a blow torch and it came on, sorry I never comment on anyones prices , that is between you and the company

speak to them,explain the £480 seems rather excessive for a water pump but you will accept a quote of £415 as they have seen the boiler and can get to work without any delay.

Their diagnostic charge is reasonable,some here charge a lot more £t0ny

Make sure they dont charge you for collecting the part,some here charge some include it in their quote.

Looks like you will be paying more than you've been quoted because I doubt that's your only problem.

speak to them,explain the £480 seems rather excessive for a water pump but you will accept a quote of £415 as they have seen the boiler and can get to work without any
Based on what?. If he was quoted £415 he would still say expensive. You would the say offer £370.
I think over a fiver for a gallon of petrol is "expensive" but it is the rate

just deducting the charge for the inital diagnostic visit, its a bargaining point.

In this type of situation,Who the f pays the first quoted price,who ever set the £480 is expecting to be asked to drop the price.

If you dont ask you dont get,

just deducting the charge for the inital diagnostic visit, its a bargaining point.

In this type of situation,Who the f pays the first quoted price,who ever set the £480 is expecting to be asked to drop the price.

If you dont ask you dont get,
well I am afraid with me you wouldn't get, if I give a price that is the price , I am not into bargaining about it, that is the price simples

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back