Boiler pipe leaking - advice please

Sponsored Links
That's what you were advised over 2 months ago....
I guess you've heard news reports of people being killed by CO poisoning?
Normally it's a result of people doing crazy things like you

The flue should have also been secured with the self tappers supplied with it, you really need to get it checked by an RGI they can use a gas analyser for peace of mind, its not a big job but it could save your ( or anyone elses using your bathroom) life.

Sponsored Links
So the inner flue is currently duct-taped together
Reminds me why I don't come in here :rolleyes:
Would you find this acceptable if I had CHARGED You for this repair.

Turn it off and pick up the phone
:eek:

So the inner flue is currently duct-taped together until I can find a more permanent method of repair - for some reason, the plumber hadn't used the pushfit fittings that I presume would have been supplied with the duct kit. If anyone reads this and has an idea were I might get a suitable 60mm pushfit connection, please let me!

I guess that this is a joke. If not you are putting your family at risk and have broken the law. You have done something wholly inappropriate and dangerous. You cannot use materials or components not approved by the manufacturer. If I could get a picture I would win a prize from the gas safe magazine for yet another utterly moronic piece of work. You must really hate your family.

Don't listen to all these muppets, just remove the flue and use the boiler without it, that way it can leak can it, it's so obvious can't believe you didnt think of it :rolleyes:

The flue should have also been secured with the self tappers supplied with it, you really need to get it checked by an RGI they can use a gas analyser for peace of mind, its not a big job but it could save your ( or anyone elses using your bathroom) life.

Gigz, thanks for your reply, you seem like an okay type of guy. Don't know what's up with the rest of these guys. Some kinda sense of humour bypass I guess.

These type of ill-mannered responses don't a sensitive chap like me wanna hang out. Gigz, I shall take your kind advice. The rest of you should maybe go and take a cold shower.

So long.

No point getting all uppity with the professionals. You are the ******** (thanks DM :D) that has probably made a dangerous situation worse.

Sense of humour shouldn't come into it when carbon monoxide poisoning is concerned.

Hope we are not going to be reading about this muppet in next weeks newspapers as another co victim . Get a grip mate your looking for a free repair on a forum but haven't got a clue what your doing . Don't think any one should be giving this muppet any more tips how to repair it .

Lads this clearly is a wind up, surely theres no one as f@cking stupid as this is there?!!!!!!.... If there is god help us.......

Thought I'd post an update to this, to let you all know I'm alive and well and finally doing something about the problem!

First off, I bought a CO2 alarm soon after that last post - I read up on the symptoms of CO2 poisoning and thought I might have one or two of them: listlessness, fatigue, procrastination... I left the alarm locked in the bathroom with the boiler for a couple of days and got the all clear. So it appears that listlessness, fatigue and procrastination are just character traits.

Finally (today!) got round to stripping the flue down and yes, you were right - a bit of a botch job on the inner flue leading to condensate dripping into the outer flue. Fortunately, the outer flue was a botch job too, so most of the condensate ended up running out on the top of the boiler rather than running down the insides. Though there is now a bit of oxidization on some of the internal components.

So the inner flue is currently duct-taped together until I can find a more permanent method of repair - for some reason, the plumber hadn't used the pushfit fittings that I presume would have been supplied with the duct kit. If anyone reads this and has an idea were I might get a suitable 60mm pushfit connection, please let me know.

Well anyway, next time I have a plumbing problem, I know where to come - thanks for all the (correct) advice!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

C'mon CC guys , my reckoning being this guy is 'possibly' another RGI havin a larfe ;) , lighten up lads. :LOL:

Wind up merchant and all round nimrod the OP might be, but sadly other people might read his BS and think otherwise.

Part of my annoyance with the prannet that is Joe90.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back