Boiler presure dropping off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just had a new rad fitted in my bathroom, part of refurb of bathroom. Now the pressure is dropping off constantly in the boiler, the pressure gauge reads zero, when system is turned off. In order to get the system to heat up again I have to refill the system to 1 bar. Is there any tests I can do to isolate or identify the cause of the pressure drop, all the pipes for my new rad are concealed either in the wall or beneath the floor.

Sponsored Links
all the pipes for my new rad are concealed either in the wall or beneath the floor.
I hope they were tested before covering. If the presssure relief valve discharge is not dripping then you may well have to get your installer back to find the problem. I'm assuming everything was OK before the new rad install.

Yes the CH system was working fine. I maybe topped it up about a year ago>. Since getting rad done, I have topped it up everyday. When the timer turns off the system pressure drops off, so that when it is due to come on again there is no pressure. So I have to refill the system to get the rads to heat up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back