Boiler quotes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone give any ball park figures for installing an oil fired boiler. Just wondering about labour costs. its an external boiler which is just replacing an old boulter bonus one on an open vented system. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If its a simple boiler swap and the oil supply and system are fine then perhaps £600-£1200.

There are less oil registered people and some milk that lack of competition!

Tony

Hi thanks for the reply have had a quote that falls in the range but thought it was a bit steep as seems a fairly straight forward swap. But guess you dont get much for your money these days..

Sponsored Links
Without seeing the work, its not possible to give any range of prices on here.
Apart from guess work, (difference of £600) its not beneficial to customer or the appointed installer.

The ones quoting prices are normally unregistered and don't have a clue about installing exterior oil boilers.

More often than not the existing controls need upgrading, the electrical work needs upgrading and normally oil tanks and supply pipes are carp.

ps, my back hurts any one know whats wrong with it. Dr said it was something, but would like second opinion :evil:

Lumbago if over 48.

Slightly slipped disc if under and lifting more than recommended weights ( like boilers! )

Thanks Tony, should have known you were also a medical expert. :rolleyes:

Any idea how much it will cost to put it right. (incase doc charges to much)

There are less oil registered people and some milk that lack of competition!

Though there is plenty competition from builders and DIYers as registration is not compulsory.

There is always other work to be done when replacing boiler. Every existing oil installation I visit is non-compliant in some or many ways.
I rarely find anything wrong with gas systems.

There is plenty of scope for installation problems with fuel tank locations and many just dont suit the layout of the property.

I would say that in London hardly 505 of gas boilers I see are OK. Many have the flue too close to the window.

Tony

There is plenty of scope for installation problems with fuel tank locations and many just dont suit the layout of the property.

I would say that in London hardly 505 of gas boilers I see are OK. Many have the flue too close to the window.

Tony

Then STOP quoting these rediculous prices , it does the OP no favours & more so the installers on here , by your own addmision you state most installations are non compliant so why quote any figures? , obviously you go in low to get your foot in the door then jack the price up. :evil:

If its a simple boiler swap and the oil supply and system are fine then perhaps £600-£1200.

Are you on drugs?

There are less oil registered people

Am I correct in thinking you yourself are not OFTEC?

I am not on drugs!

The price range that I suggested of £600-£1200 is still in my view a reasonable labour charge to expect for a simple boiler swap including cleaning the system.

That is the charge for replacing the boiler and any upgrades or changes to anything else would obviously be extra.

The OP has demonstrated that, although more than he had expected, he has already had a quotation within that range.

I am not OFTEC registered because in the areas I normally work there are only a very few oil boilers. In fact I am only aware of five within my local area.

Tony

I am not OFTEC registered

Perhaps you should consider getting the requisite experience and qualifications before pricing work on here, then?

The amount of work involved in replacing a boiler is virtually the same regardless of the fuel being a gas or oil.

I know that there are five that I know of because I went to repair four ( all together ) and someone called me about another 20 y.o. requiring a service which I declined and suggested that because it was old it would be better replaced with gas.

But none of this is anything to do with the OP's question. I note that no one else has given the OP any helpful replies to his question.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back