Boiler quotes?

I note that no one else has given the OP any helpful replies to his question.

Just cant SEE why no ones pricing this work, its clear to SEE whats needed, just a boiler change. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

someone called me about another 20 y.o. requiring a service which I declined and suggested that because it was old it would be better replaced with gas.

Why would you do that. No problem keeping oil boilers running.
That is if you knew how to work on them.

Sponsored Links
Now I know why I service so many Oil fired boilers in London!!

It is Impossible to answer the OP's Question, he should get THREE Quotes form OFTEC installers, who can visit the site and survey there are many variable factors

1) Solid Base for External Boiler - to M.I's 1 Day to prepare and float a
concrete base
2) System may need work to bring up to Part L1 many old oil boilers have
Gravity Hot Water for example

OP Should get a variety of Quotes and then make a decision based on Fact!! ;)

The amount of work involved in replacing a boiler is virtually the same regardless of the fuel being a gas or oil.

I know that there are five that I know of because I went to repair four ( all together ) and someone called me about another 20 y.o. requiring a service which I declined and suggested that because it was old it would be better replaced with gas.

But none of this is anything to do with the OP's question. I note that no one else has given the OP any helpful replies to his question.

Tony

Your knowledge on gas boilers is fine but you really do show yourself up when it comes to oil boilers.

The shear difference in material cost along with the various fuel supply changes required to bring existing installs or for a replacement up to the current regs takes far longer than with gas boiler upgrades

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back