Boiler receiver wiring - Danfoss RX1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It used to work.
But the wire got tugged and pulled all the connectors out (except the grey one, that's still in the correct place).
I tried to wire it up again in the below pic but the hot water isn't coming on. How should I wire this thing up so it works?
20220720_170110.jpg

The clean wire is the boiler, the dirty wire is from the wire with the fuse. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Danfoss RX1 is a single channel switch it only controls your heating it has nothing to do with your HW, better you post what boiler and setup you have pics are best

Danfoss RX1 is a single channel switch it only controls your heating it has nothing to do with your HW, better you post what boiler and setup you have pics are best
The boiler is a Grant Vortex Pro outdoor oil boiler. The fitter wired it all up with this Danfoss RX1 which we had already.
The wire from the boiler has 5 wires : Brown, Blue, Earth, Grey, Black.
The 5a fused wire from the house has 3 wires: Brown, Blue, Earth.
Thing is it worked before.

Is the boiler powering up? Have you checked the fuse/consumer unit? Could have tripped if the L and N touched.

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler powering up? Have you checked the fuse/consumer unit? Could have tripped if the L and N touched.
I replaced the fuse with a working one. The light on the Danfoss receiver comes on but the boiler doesn't fire up when I run the hot tap.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
As per @ianmcd, the wiring is for you’re heating. Try running the heating and see if it fires up then.
We had a dodgy plumber who didn't finish the central heating side off so we can't put the central heating on at the moment. I don't want to run all the crud in the old radiators through the new boiler.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Then that wiring setup shouldn’t affect the hot water delivery, something boiler end.
Are you sure? Because I'm sure the wiring wasn't like that before it got pulled out. Is there no other way the wires can be arranged?
If it is the boiler then how could that have happened? It's a brand new boiler... The lights on the boiler are on.

Are you sure?
Absolutely certain, you have a combi, so hot water should be upon opening a tap. The only other way would be if some clown had wired it so that the boiler only comes on from the switched live of the heating, but your boiler is on, so it’s not that.

As already said post pics so we can see what is going on

wiring from house with fuse:
20220721_085342.jpg
wiring from receiver going through the external wall into boiler
20220721_085102 1.jpg
wiring on the receiver (still think this is wrong)
20220720_170110.jpg
the boiler lights up
20220721_085547.jpg
when I hit the test switch on the boiler it lights up like this and the boiler fires up, but still no hot water.
20220721_085712.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back