Boiler Recommendations Please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking to replace a regular (non combi) Servowarm boiler with a regular condensing boiler for a 2 bed flat with 5 rads. Can anyone recommend a good quality brand/model of boiler to go for. There seem to be 100's of boilers on the market, just need some help narrowing down the choice. Heard Worcester are good? How do these compare with Baxi, Gloworm etc? Looking around £600 approx.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
i wouldn't have thought you could buy any of the above boilers for the figures that you are thinking of i as an installer could not purchase the boiler for that price :mad:

that price range would give you a manufacturer like a biasi, ravenheat, ariston, ferroli, sime, halstead, to name a few and all a load of carp :!:

pay the extra and you will not be disappointed ;)

i wouldn't have thought you could buy any of the above boilers for the figures that you are thinking of i as an installer could not purchase the boiler for that price

for a heat only boiler serving 5 rads? I suggest you find a new supplier!

Op, as heat only boilers go, the majority are very reliable as there is few parts to go wrong. Personally I would recommend a Glowworm Ultracom hxi, I think the smallest is 12kw, these boilers are using a 10yr old tried and tested design thats extremely reliable(same as vaillant 400 series). Its imperative the system is properly flushed though.

Sponsored Links
9 or 12 kw boiler should do yeah for 5 rads.
Gaspro where are you buying your tuff

namsag may i ask who your proffered suppliers are :?:

i have always stuck to plumb center and plumbase even tho there is city, pts, and plumb-in i have never ventured into online or bought from suppliers from the web but i think that it might be a good idea now as there seems to be a vast price difference

i get ultracoms from plumbs. v good price, no one can touch them. Get a few prices elsewhere and they will do there best to beat it.

Looking to replace a regular (non combi) Servowarm boiler with a regular condensing boiler for a 2 bed flat with 5 rads. Can anyone recommend a good quality brand/model of boiler to go for. £600 approx.
Chances are your installer who buys many boilers will get a better price than you get for buying just the one.
Is the £600 for supply and fit, or just the price of the boiler? If the latter, is your installer ok with fitting a boiler from unknown source? I either add a significant sum when people buy their own stuff, or get the customer to sign that all delays caused by faults from their purchase are chargeable at full rate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back