Boiler Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if someone could recommend a combi boiler for my girlfriends house as the existing boilers best days are well gone.

The house is a 2 bed terrace which 6 radiators.

As always budget is the major factor and without money to burn she wouldn't like to spend more than £500 - £600 at a push.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
£500-£600 won't even pay for a reasonable combi.

Do a search on the forum...this question has been asked at least a 10000000000000000000000000 times before.

What's the existing make/model boiler?

Do a search on the forum...this question has been asked at least a 10000000000000000000000000 times before.

ditto. Quality costs money i'm afraid.

Sponsored Links

I think the existing boiler is a Vokera i don't know the model.

I did try doing a search but didn't come up with any definitive Recommendations in the post Ive look at.

I know £500 - £600 is low but the existing boiler died in Feb and its taken her this long to save the money, and she doesn't want to struggle through the winter with just a gas fire.

Are you saying the £500-£600 is to include the boiler and fitting?

Find out what model it is...some of the older Vokeras are better built than modern boilers and it may be best to repair it.

Are you saying the £500-£600 is to include the boiler and fitting?

Find out what model it is...some of the older Vokeras are better built than modern boilers and it may be best to repair it.

Sorry i should of been clearer the £500 - £600 is for just the boiler, the fitting is being done by her brothers mate (who is corgi) his company doesn't let the fitters get boilers any cheaper than you can get them for online. The boilers he recommended are more than she can afford.

I think its the heat exchanger Vokera as the pressure keeps rising even with the filling loop disconnected, It also has a leak somewhere (the leaking water is always cold so i think that must be on the cold water in). It also had a mind of its own coming on and turning off when ever it felt like it.

I think its the heat exchanger Vokera as the pressure keeps rising even with the filling loop disconnected, It also has a leak somewhere (the leaking water is always cold so i think that must be on the cold water in). It also had a mind of its own coming on and turning off when ever it felt like it.

If it's an Excell or Maxim these are probably simple faults to repair.

What is the installer charging...these charity jobs are normally a bodge job....so the new boiler will cost much more in the end due to poor installation and breakdowns.

Why would somebody do a worse job as a favour than they would do charging a fortune.
Simple question in this case ,Would you do a worse job or would you do your usual standard of work.

AS a budget boiler go for the Main HE or the potteron performa HE both a reliable easy to fix boiler if you mainly use electric shower then 24kw model will be adequate if use bath instead go for the 30 kw about 100 quid of a difference but not everyone has money to spend

remeha avanta 28c you can pick up for 500-600 and comes with a 5year guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back