Boiler Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a failed circuit board on the temperature selector ofour boiler - a Glow-Wormm Fuelsaver MkII. Since this is 25 years old, it's not worth repairing. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement boiler for me to purchase for my engineer to install? House is essentially 6 radiators (3 large. 3 small) and a towel rail for heating if that is required as I do not know the criteria for selecting these things.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Adrian

Sponsored Links
Which Fuelsaver MkII - there are several sizes? If not stated on the boiler, what is the GC (Gas Council) number?

why not just get a quote from an RGI they will guide you as to which boiler they prefer.

vaillant are our prefered boiler but there are other good boilers available

avoid the infamous junk from Ideal, heatline etc

would be happy to give you a quote as based in Southampton and cover most of hants and dorset

It's a Model 40B.

We have a work around for the board failure so will be replacing in January unless the failure goes complete. Our heating engineer went on holiday today so will be talking to him when he returns and I am just looking at the various different boilers that could replace this one.

Sponsored Links
the 40b does not have a board , it has a thermostat with pump over run stat built into it cost about 35 quid

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement boiler for me to purchase for my engineer to install?
I wouldn't recommend that you purchase the boiler; leave it to the installer. The problem with buying it yourself is that you are then responsible for contacting the manufacturer if the boiler plays up; and they will tend to blame the problem on poor installation. If the installer provided and installs the boiler, he has to accept responsibility for sorting out all problems which may arise.

If you decide to get a new boiler, have a look at the Broag Remeha Avanta 12V. Same output as you existing, comes with a five year warranty if installed by an appointed engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back