Boiler Replacement

Sponsored Links
Yeah I tested the existing flow rate and it was approx 11-12 l/m from the Powermax 185 boiler.

The Potterton comes with a five year guarantee, it sounds quite a good unit.

Sponsored Links
op go for worcester or vaillant imo. any boiler that you haven t heard of is not good. i fit hundreds of worcesters a year...their after sale service is accepted in the industry as the best. you know what your getting-quality

trouble is with atmos/intergas is that they are popular on here with good engineers but have a small after sales and uk staff as they are not well known as yet.

if you find a local good atmos/intergas installer who is well established and you like them then go for it.

i hadn t heard of atmos / intergas before i joined here.

Would never find me fitting a Potterton or Baxi (same company) or Ideal boiler - extended warranties are not the be all and end all.

Manufacturers will be finding any excuse possible to not honour it, and a £1600 supply and fit install will be full of reasons for a manufacturer to walk away waving a merry good bye.

op go for worcester or vaillant imo. any boiler that you haven t heard of is not good. i fit hundreds of worcesters a year...their after sale service is accepted in the industry as the best. you know what your getting-quality

trouble is with atmos/intergas is that they are popular on here with good engineers but have a small after sales and uk staff as they are not well known as yet.

if you find a local good atmos/intergas installer who is well established and you like them then go for it.

i hadn t heard of atmos / intergas before i joined here.

Fair points... but just 'cos you ain't heard of them doesn't mean (I hope) that you couldn't fix one if you came across one? Like I said - very very simple boilers...

I hadn't heard of Asahi until I met my wife.... god damn that is nice beer; and as for Yakiniku .... yum yum.

£1600 supply and fit, sounds like eBay?

Your existing boiler is giving you 12 ltrs min. But what's your incoming main giving you?

well if existing boiler is 12l/min then this is what the op will be used to so will probably find a 30kw boiler perfectly adequate.

An 837 will give you 12.6 ltrs min at factory set 43 delta t

A Worcester 37 cdi will give you 13.3 ltrs min at 40 delta t
(worcesters listing)

What you get out of any these boilers is restricted by Your incoming.

You can only get out what you've got going in.

I've tested the incoming main water and its hard to be exact but our incoming rate is approx 15-16 l/m or maybe slightly more, it's difficult to be exact.

We have good mains pressure.

Then an. Vaillant 837 or Worcester 37cdi would give you a bit more than your existing.

Or you could go with a 35 kw Glow Worm as this will also give you just a bit more than your getting at the moment

If you use one of these boilers you may have to upgrade the gas pipe to the boiler

All of these boilers have five year warranties if your installer signs up to them.

I still like Dans recommendation though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back