Replacing a Powermax boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Softus' point was that people needing advice, need to know if it is coming from a charlatan.

A charlatan being a total ignoramus who was posting last year that his boiler was the worst in the world and he wanted a replacement.

That poster was also duplicious in that in other posts he claimed to have experience with other Powermax models such as the 140 and 155.

That person is you, Luis, and your earlier posts are still on the server for all to see.

If you want anyone to take you as anything other than a fantasist, lets hear what experience you have in the heating trade. While you are cooking me up an Egg McMuffin.

Sponsored Links
Ok Agile and Softus no need for a slanging match !
Please show me where either Agile or I have been slanging.

Softus why do you continue to get to uptight ?
You imagining that I'm uptight is, sadly, not the same thing as me actually being uptight.

You take things too personal
Please show me where I've taken something "too" personally.

this is a forum for advice
Then please advise everyone why you haven't answered any of the questions put to you.

If you want anyone to take you as anything other than a fantasist, lets hear what experience you have in the heating trade. While you are cooking me up an Egg McMuffin.

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ok Agile and Softus no need for a slanging match !

BigBurner the thermal store IMI Range Powermaxes, although dated, are good units when maintainted properly. The issue has been a lack of qualified decent engineers to maintain them !!!

They were efficient for the time, when condensing boilers were few and far between. One box that did mains pressure DHW giving great showers and stopped inefficient boiler cycling. First thing in the morning, within a few minutes, the rads were piping hot as stored water was used to fill them with heat. No small tube heat exchanger to block up with magentite. Great advantages.

It should be treated with respect as it was a pioneering boiler. It is a Combined Primary Storage Unit CPSU. Only ACV and Gledhill do them now.

Any boiler serviceman should be capable of fixing one.

Bigburner well said, they are very effective boilers.

Softus be quiet you are posting with aimless text once again, you seem to come to life when it involves trying to demean others, why not be constructive with advice and stop wasting peoples time.

Cheers,

Nickso are you an incompetent cook aswell then ? Raise your standards and learn to look after yourself !

Softus be quiet you are posting with aimless text once again, you seem to come to life when it involves trying to demean others, why not be constructive with advice and stop wasting peoples time.

Nickso are you an incompetent cook aswell then ? Raise your standards and learn to look after yourself !
:LOL: pot kettle. go away and stop spamming this thread. is your other username joe90 per chance?

Softus and Nickso are the main culprits for wasting peoples time during this thread, like I said before offer sensible advice or dont post at all, causing slanging matches is pointless

I would imagine Lagan is fed up of seeing all the aimless text Softus and Nickso are commiting to this post, typically with no sound advice of any substance or basis it seems.

I would imagine Lagan is fed up of seeing all the aimless text Softus and Nickso are commiting to this post, typically with no sound advice of any substance or basis it seems.

when is mod10 going to lock this moron down? :LOL:

at what point did you start giving good advice? or any at all? :confused:

Softus be quiet you are posting with aimless text once again
My aim has been clearly stated - you're just blind to it, but I'll have yet another go:

1. You are not sufficiently competent to be advising on the repair of a gas appliance on this forum.

2. You do not have sufficient breadth of knowledge or depth of experience to be able to determine whether it's best to repair or replace the OP's appliance.

3. My advice to novices is to ignore you.

4. My advice to you is to stop posting nonsense and wake up to the fact that the overwhelming majority of people posting on this topic believe you to be a charlatan.

5. You are not sufficiently competent to be advising on the repair of a gas appliance on this forum.

Strictly speaking this last point is the same as the first point, but it's such a good one that I thought it was worth mentioning twice.

when is mod10 going to lock this moron down? :LOL:

at what point did you start giving good advice? or any at all? :confused:

I was about to say that very point...it was mod 11 that last time who stopped him having a go! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back