Replacing a Powermax boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Softus why are you getting so carried away ?
Clearly you don't know me very well. You're scarcely a blip.

Just move on to a new topic, and then you won't see the need to keep hijacking this thread will you.
I see that you haven't even attempted to answer my questions, so it seems that I was right about you being a charlatan.

Softus stop getting upset, why keep pursuing this, the poster clearly isn't waiting on advice anymore, so stop cluttering the thread up with aimless text.

Simond, same goes for you. Well done everyone on keeping the thread so active !

Softus stop getting upset
rolling-on-the-floor.gif

why keep pursuing this, the poster clearly isn't waiting on advice anymore, so stop cluttering the thread up with aimless text.
Oh it's far from aimless; I'm posting with the express purpose of highlighting your incompetence.
slaphappy.gif

Sponsored Links
hmm nobody is that stupid, i smell a wind up.

Softus, the only thing you have successfully 'highlighted' is how annoyed you get over a post that even the question creator is not bothered about anymore !!!

Why not help out in some other threads instead of writing aimless text in this thread aimed at me all the time.

Simond has managed to calm down, so hopefully Softus can follow his example.

Many thanks,

Softus, the only thing you have successfully 'highlighted' is how annoyed you get over a post that even the question creator is not bothered about anymore
I disagree. If you read some of the other recent posts you'll see that your stupidity is something that's been highlighted.

And as far as me being annoyed is concerned, it amuses me to think that you're that confused. Trust me - if I were annoyed you'd know about it.

Why not help out in some other threads instead of writing aimless text in this thread aimed at me all the time.
Pardon me for repeating myself, but it is far from aimless. I have many other topics on the go, so showing you up to be a charlatan and a fool is just a sideline. ;)

Softus I started to read your post, and then realised again it was aimless rambling, with no structure or purpose, or actual 'aim'.

Stop re-igniting this thread all the time, like I mentioned before the creator has lost interest or already solved his problem with/without our help now.

Softus I started to read your post, and then realised again it was aimless rambling, with no structure or purpose, or actual 'aim'.
Oh, I think we all know that's a big lie. :D

Stop re-igniting this thread all the time, like I mentioned before the creator has lost interest or already solved his problem with/without our help now.
What you seem to be struggling to comprehend is the fact that you have no control over who posts, or what they post, or when. You write as though the revelation that the OP has gone away was noticed only by you, but it doesn't matter, because the aim is simply to demonstrate your incompetence in attempting to assess the factors involved in the fix/replace decision.

You're unwilling, or unable, to answer any of the questions I asked you, and to provide any objective information. Your posts are consistent with those of someone who has seen and touched only one Powermax boiler, ever, and who believes that the experience has made him an expert. It's particularly entertaining that you think you've fooled anyone.

This is more than just whimsical though: it's important to stop you duping anyone who might, against all the odds, have less experience and knowledge that you do.

Maybe nickso is right - maybe you are just a wind-up merchant. So be it. If you're just trolling on a topic involving a gas appliance then the moderators will catch on sooner or later.

Softus is like a dog with a bone!

He just will not let go!

Surprisingly perhaps, he can actually give some useful advice but thats on computers rather than plumbing.

Surprisingly perhaps, he can actually give some useful advice but thats on computers rather than plumbing.
Another charlatan.

Anytime, Agile - you and I both know that you're a hopeless plumber.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=689647#689647:

Softus said:
Seriously. Have you ever actually done any plumbing? :confused:
I say often enough that I repair boilers.

Plumbing is for plumbers!

Just as well as there are so many problems that can arise with anything even as simple as a tap!

Like having to remove a bath to undo a bath tap!

As I understand boilers then they are simple and less things to go wrong.

If I wanted to do plumbing then I could do it...

The early IMI Powermax was a dog and the new ones aren't much better. If I remember correctly most of the 135s had a recall due to a dangerous gas valve.

I don't know who this chap is saying they were good, but he is on a different planet to me. Get rid of it.

The IMI Powermax, the later model with the plate heat exchanger, proper integrated thermal store version, was a decent and quite efficient boiler. All the problems were ironed out as Baxi bought them out. I have seen one with a Smart pump fitted and TRVs all around giving no adverse effects.

An efficient unit. Instant CH in the morning and high flow mains pressure DHW.

It was a non-condensing unit. The later Powermaxes do not use thermals storage.

Ok Agile and Softus no need for a slanging match !

BigBurner the thermal store IMI Range Powermaxes, although dated, are good units when maintainted properly. The issue has been a lack of qualified decent engineers to maintain them !!!

Softus why do you continue to get to uptight ? You take things too personal, this is a forum for advice etc, not a competition on whos the best engineer/plumber, as the relevance of that is insignificant to the people who need advice on here.

Regards,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back