Boiler service - what's checked?

Most RGIs can check boiler inlet pressure on boilers at the test point of the gas cock or P1.
Saves you getting your balls in a vice when it is new boiler time.

Good to have a record when it's time to change and the existing one is dead. Helps give you a plan RE pipe sizing for the new one.

Sponsored Links
DSCN1389.JPG
Just to close this thread I attach a photo of the defective elbow which the RGI replaced. It seems it must have developed a hairline fracture after installation (5 years and two property owners ago) and disintegrated altogether when the RGI dismantled and reassembled the hob. It has now been replaced. Clearly the elbow was made from very poor metal - frightening! On the bright side I am very positive about the skill and expertise of the RGI who attended the problem and fixed it properly without making a fuss and at a reasonable cost.

View attachment 103531 On the bright side I am very positive about the skill and expertise of the RGI who attended the problem and fixed it properly without making a fuss and at a reasonable cost.

Hope he gets more work off you and you give his name out to friends/family.
I used to do a tt on every service but found that many leaks above the permitted drop that some customers started saying they can't smell it/it was ok the last time someone else checked it. Some even dropped me (even though i used to say get others to quote to repair, they obviously thought i was trying to rip them off, so now i only do it if they say they've smelt gas.

Sponsored Links
Isn't it strange how people distrust proper tradesmen yet when some fxxxxxxx cowboy turns up
who's 1/3of the price even if they no nothing they are welcomed with open arms give me
fxxxxxxxxx strength

Isn't it strange how people distrust proper tradesmen yet when some fxxxxxxx cowboy turns up
who's 1/3of the price even if they no nothing they are welcomed with open arms give me
fxxxxxxxxx strength

Couldn't agree more mate OB. How many times have we all been called to some complete abortion of a job, done by a 'Builder', Kitchen/Bathroom fitter, friend of a friend....etc etc & then they start with all the BS about what you charge.......Hello rsole, you're the tw.t that employed these chancers!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back