Boiler servicing

ChrisRoberts said:
How many times have U heard: " Are you sure you know what ur doing. the last guy never did that." Usually just after removing the casing. :LOL:

Millions of times, usually the year after they told me that the last time I serviced it when I did exactly the same thing

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
ChrisRoberts said:
How many times have U heard: " Are you sure you know what ur doing. the last guy never did that." Usually just after removing the casing. :LOL:

Millions of times, usually the year after they told me that the last time I serviced it when I did exactly the same thing

lol

I get that

customers gawd bless em

Yes Geoff but some of us would be better off without some of our customers - and a little less bread...

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
BG do a "safety check" which involves a flue gas analysis and takes less than 10 minutes. If the CO/CO² ratio is below 0.004 they dont even take the cover off !

Most manufacturers would say that using a FGA is a satisfactory means to check the condition of a boiler. If you start dismantling things and remove the burner plates from some boilers you would run the risk of cracking them or requiring all the seals to be replaced.

When I commission Atags, all the FGA parameters are noted down and sent back to Atag. When you do the servicing you check the data and if it hasn't changed by more than a few % then you would just do the other usual checks necessary for a LGSC, clean the siphon, etc. Every 5 years you would do a major stripdown service and replace burner plates, seals etc as advised by manufacturer.

As for the OP, I think if the installer charges £74 then its better he does it than paying £60 to someone who has never even seen that make of boiler before. :?:

corgiman said:
raden said:
corgiman said:
customers gawd bless em
Don't EVER forget that they pay for the bread on your table
blimey charlie raden that is what we call a tongue in cheek comment
calm down

I'll amend that to "beer in your glass ...

Don't you hate it when your parents tell you off, and you can't argue, because you know they're right

Ah well, on the wagon next week ...

Raden dear boy

You really are the worst kind of fascist

You have your opinions and EVERYONE must accept them as fact, broach no argument they are FACT.

Everyone else’s opinions are RUBBISH unless they concur with yours.

Clients do pay the bills but that doesn’t stop them being gits, not in the least. I have clients that are only happy if you give them a tenner for coming and sorting out their boiler twenty minutes before it breaks down.

So now according to you I am a Cowboy, a dinosaur AND an alcoholic. All because I had the temerity to disagree with you crusade to protect the general public from paying for Approved Parts.

Well St Raden I wish you luck with your philanthropy.

I still refuse to fit recon parts, and do believe that with the hours I work and the clients I come into contact with I have earn’t the right to give em a bit of earhole now and again.

I will now still back and wait for the continuing abuse that you no doubt hurl at me as I have committed the cardinal sin of disagreeing with you.

:)

corgiman said:
Raden dear boy

So now according to you I am ... an alcoholic. .

And where, pray did I say that ?

I was talking about myself ...

Part of a "service" involves a visual inspection of the internal parts of the boiler to identify forthcoming problems like overheating and leaks. Thats why we always open the combustion chamber on a conventional burner model.

Does that mean Geoff that you are still not up to checking out the Jakarta ?

Tony

corgiman said:
Raden dear boy

You have your opinions and EVERYONE must accept them as fact, broach no argument they are FACT.

Everyone else’s opinions are RUBBISH unless they concur with yours.

Clients do pay the bills but that doesn’t stop them being gits, not in the least. I have clients that are only happy if you give them a tenner for coming and sorting out their boiler twenty minutes before it breaks down.

So now according to you I am a Cowboy, a dinosaur AND an alcoholic. All because I had the temerity to disagree with you crusade to protect the general public from paying for Approved Parts.

Well St Raden I wish you luck with your philanthropy.

I still refuse to fit recon parts, and do believe that with the hours I work and the clients I come into contact with I have earn’t the right to give em a bit of earhole now and again.

I will now still back and wait for the continuing abuse that you no doubt hurl at me as I have committed the cardinal sin of disagreeing with you.

Fancy chewin the fat over a bottle of White Lightning (or and we'll nick Tony's Crack pipe - see an earlier post)

David

Raden

And if I may just add, a FGA?

Get your mechanic to shove that up your...ar....exhaust, charge you for a service and you'll walk away all happy with your 'serviced' appliance.

Anyway. I moan too much.

BBU gaskets do that.

David

Chris R said "How many times have U heard: " Are you sure you know what ur doing. the last guy never did that." Usually just after removing the casing. icon_lol.gif"

Had a really funny one of those a month ago. Major distress call so I go round, off comes the cover of the pcb, "what are you doing?" pause "I'm qualified to do this" school teacherish look "oh no I don't want you changing any parts I'll wait till our regular plumber comes back from holiday".

Was a W 240, would have been repairable.

The next week I was driving past and saw regular plumber carrying a new Ideal Isar in, 240 in the skip outside.

Nuff said!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back