Not open for further replies.
according to the paperwork

press the reset button if it stops the boiler is ok

if it don't
crying-028.gif

haven't the heart to tell you what it says

Sponsored Links
open the restrictor on the cylinder return, you might have it screwed too much

When I press the reset button, the red LED flashes, this stops when I take my finger off and then the green LED continues to flash.

Picasso, I tried that n no difference

Kev..............break it to me gently

sorry my typing is getting worse (blame bud)

does the pump stop :?:

if you wan't the mi's put an e mail adress in your profile or e mail me ;)

Sponsored Links
I've had the HW on for a timed hour (water is hot) the pump turned off only after the hour cycle. The old PCB would have kept the pump running for 24hrs

Thanks for the offer Kev................I think I've got the boiler book at work somewhere

FFS when are yous going to realise diyboy is setting yous up. He is Goldberg/softas. Do yous not have a memory span. :rolleyes:

I'm replumbing my system...
I've just put a new PCB in and repiped the system.
Seco, I repiped cos pump was pushin down, no vent, fill on return, now it's all in the right place (yes, pump bled, pump runnin fine, circuit warms up)
Please could you describe any other pipework changes that you've made?

Before I repiped the boiler switched off after 2.5 mins on the hot water cycle. I had hoped repipng n a new PCB would sort it.................alas I was wrong.............what'dya think?
I think that you had this problem before October 31st, and that you went through the entire discussion about bypasses without revealing the boiler 'problem' to anyone.

that was my next suggestion :cry:

and for the benifit of the copy and paste merchant the discussion on system by pass had nothing to do with this topic :rolleyes:

Fudge me boys................the PCB is only 2 weeks old! this problem is different to the classic PCB lockout n pump permanently running fault

Out of interest, how long should the boiler stay on during HW cycle before the thermostat puts the boiler on tickover?

Changed pipework to the 4tee, 2tee setup, added autobypass, raised expansion tank

No, it was a rootin tootin rip roaring recon one from a wonderul firm off Ebay (don't start Kev).

But you haven't answered my question..............how long should the boiler run before the boiler stat will say 'OK mate the return water is too hot, I think we'll have a rest for a few minutes'?

My hot water heats up OK..............but it just takes about an hour!

Mr DIY,

I have not had time to read every posting but it seems to me that its a very simple question of the boiler thermostat turning it off when the set flow temperature has been reached and then the boiler goes off on the anticycle delay.

This results because the cylinder cannot adsorb the full output from the boiler.

Why do you not think this is the case?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back