Boiler switches off after 2 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Agile, Being a plumbing gumbie, I don't have an opinion, but, if the cylinder is full of stone cold water and when the HW is put on the boiler goes ito standby after 2.5 mins, I assume something isn't right, The inside of the cylinder looks very scaled up, from what you say about heat transfer, could all this scale be acting as insulation thereby stopping heat transfer?

yes
i told you how to sort that in another post
surprised-013.GIF

Yes Kev, you did, but that was only a couple of days ago n I haven't yet done that. As you recall, I only asked how to get the limescale out cos there's loads in the sucker.

BUT what I'm now asking (thanks to agile's suggestion) is................Does this build up in me cylinder stop the CH from heating the cylinder contents............in which case it's essential to descale rather than just a whim.

Sponsored Links
Then it's 'elementary'..........my Ebay PCB is still the wonderful bargain the nice advert says it was.............and all I need is a thorough descale.

Muchos gracious Agile n Kev.............if I carry on at this rate I won't have any problems left by the end of the month!

Out of interest, how long should the boiler stay on during HW cycle before the thermostat puts the boiler on tickover?
There's no such measurement as "how long" - the boiler measures only temperature.

Changed pipework to the 4tee, 2tee setup, added autobypass, raised expansion tank
So, what were the flow and return temperatures before those changes, and what were they afterwards?

Or is too much to expect that you would carry out basic measurements instead of jumping to conclusions about scale, tees, bends, vents, and bypasses?

Goldberg, you are obviously on this site just to gain pleasure by winding people up with pedantic irrelevances, but I will answer your points

Yes it is too much to expect me to make basic temperature measurements because I'm neither a plumber or a wouldbe scientist, I'm just an everyday homeowner. Most similar machinery will conform to averaged operational parameters, therefore it is reasonable to ask how long a boiler will remain fired when heating a cold cylinder before it clicks into standby mode, if I received an answer of 15mins I would know I had a problem, conversly, if I got an answer of 3 mins, I would know my system was OK

Jumping to conclusions is how 99.9% of problems are solved.

There are basic tenets when installing an open vented heating system in a house, the 4tee rule is one

so is a q&b kitchen fitter

being reg and knowing what your talking about is two different animals fella

would you be taking advice
lol-045.gif

finding combustion chamber on this site is a breath of fresh air for me,
reading about things i can relate to in this industry.
coldberger just makes me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back