Boiler test point cap missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello my dad had a boiler check up today and the cap on the flue above the boiler had fell off. It's potentially been like that for a long time.

Was this dangerous? We have a carbon monoxide detector but that never went off.

I have posted a picture below of the little cap, the engineer installed a new one

Attachments

• PXL_20230804_094735722~2.jpg
    PXL_20230804_094735722~2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
I come across quite a few of these every year, it's easily done when cust is talking you death.
Yes it's wrong
Unlikely to be dangerous in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
This is from out unsafe situations procedure book, which is how we classify unsafe situations, ID = Immediately Dangerous. 7.2 is the part you should be concerned with. Note the part about whether products of combustion are evident. I’ve had it once or twice where other engineers have either a) left it off or b) put it on albeit too loose and perhaps the vibrations from the boiler have caused it to undo. It’s not reportable under riddor.

Attachments

• C343663C-F1D0-4AA1-8F7C-A121C3266FC3.jpeg
    C343663C-F1D0-4AA1-8F7C-A121C3266FC3.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back