Boiler Ventilation

As far as I know, it does....but as I've said, I'm no expert, but I can't see why it wouldn't or why it would have changed since last service! :confused:

Ta.

Keukpa

Sponsored Links
So exactly what boiler does she have (I believe you were asked, but didn't say, some time ago)
Ok, he shouldn't be saying a new boiler is needed just because the vent is (in his opinion) wrong. We do employ some dik'eds as well as humans :eek:

I dont know what model she has, only the make, Glow Worm Ultimate or sommit, but I wont be able to check the model till I go to visit her next week and find out.

Sorry bout that.

Cheers,

Keukpa

I dont know what model she has, only the make, Glow Worm Ultimate or sommit, but I wont be able to check the model till I go to visit her next week and find out.
Then we can't say what ventilation requirements it has. (I'll hide away until you post the necessary)

Sponsored Links
Have had a quick look on Glowworm website for discontinued models.
The ultimate 60cf is the largest open flued model listed (as far as i can tell-you will have to check on the actual appliance what you have got).
There ventialtion requirements for this in a cupboard (compartment) are:
A high level vent= 208cm2
A low level vent = 416cm2

Then an additional vent direct to outside air of 73cm2.

There are additional requirements that may make the ventilation unsuitable of which you may not be aware. E.G Flyscreens, vent blocked, vent not directly to outside air etc.

it has to be to outside or have a free air path to outside :idea:
True as that may be, they should have offered a "repair" rather than trying to hammer her into a new boiler.
When someone cuts of your heating in november and tells you you need a new boiler, you are under more than a fair bit of pressure.

Ben, I totally agree.
There are too many muppets who sell anything to anyone as long as their figures look good.
When my TSM asks me about boiler leads I always tell him "my job is to repair them, why would I want to replace them?"

When someone cuts of your heating in november and tells you you need a new boiler, you are under more than a fair bit of pressure.

Very unfortunately some engineers take advantage of their ability ot cut off boilers thinking of the pressure it will place grany in and she will probably cough up half her savings to get that new boiler.....

..... when all it needed was a bit more ventilation which might reasonably be charged at about £65 to fix.

Tony

Before i get grief, it wasnt me! :confused:

Where in lincolnshire are you? I can give you name of local manager you can complain to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back