Boiler Ventilation

Thanks for your reply, it was def 100cm x 100cm that is on the form. He then cancelled mums home care.

10,000 cm2 would be enough ventialtion for all the boilers in the street, most likely.

If it was 100mm x 100mm then the cupboard door has much more than this, it has a vent at the top and the bottom of that door, and the kitchen back door has a vent bigger than 100mm x 100mm, I def feel he was a mofo.

It sounds like your mom either had a clown who didn't have clue, or a cowboy that was quite willing to rip granny off.
Registered letter to MD of BG asking to clarify this might give the whole story a happy ending.
A phonecall to GSR monday morning, requesting an inspection, might also be a good idea.

This is so far off the mark that I would have to see it to believe it, no disrespect to you.

Sponsored Links
10,000 cm2 would be enough ventialtion for all the boilers in the street, most likely.

Sorry, my bad... by 100cm x 100cm I mean 100cm width by 100cm height, I should have said 100cm2 sorry.

But yeah, I feel he was a cowboy, sadly I wasn't there. But I will def be ringing BG in the morning to complain and have another engineer out.

Thanks again,

Keukpa

Sorry, my bad... by 100cm x 100cm I mean 100cm width by 100cm height, I should have said 100cm2 sorry.

But yeah, I feel he was a cowboy, sadly I wasn't there. But I will def be ringing BG in the morning to complain and have another engineer out.

Thanks again,

Keukpa

the most sensible option is to raise a complaint. that way the TSM gets involved and the muppet involved gets told what he did wrong.

Sponsored Links
LOL - I'm confusing my self now.....

Ok he wrote on the form "100cm x 100cm" so I am assuming that by that he means 100cm in width and 100cm in height, verbally to my mum he told her she needs a 1m2 ventilation on the back kitchen wall.

Thanks,

Keukpa

LOL - I'm confusing my self now.....

Ok he wrote on the form "100cm x 100cm" so I am assuming that by that he means 100cm in width and 100cm in height, verbally to my mum he told her she needs a 1m2 ventilation on the back kitchen wall.

Thanks,

Keukpa

seems far more likely he is confusing 100cm2 with whatever nonsense is in his head.

The british gas engineer is perfectly correct- if your mom has a 2000kw blr

Satnds a good chance, if the boiler is the size a small bungalow

Mountain and molehill spring to mind.
I expect your mum's boiler needs a vent to outside, the normal one's BG fit are 100cm². The poor sod you've sent to the firing squad obviously wrote the wrong unit on his paperwork. Even BG engineers are human

the normal one's BG fit are 100cm².

Well she DEF has more than this currently, and the boiler was last serviced in '07 and they seemed happy.

The poor s** you've sent to the firing squad obviously wrote the wrong unit on his paperwork. Even BG engineers are human

Again a possibility, but my mum tells me that the second he walked in, he didn't even open the cupboard to look at the boiler he just said 'ventilation isn't up to standard' then proceeded to disable the boiler, then cancelled the home care, then 30 mins later someone from BG called saying apparently she needs a new boiler and would she like a quote?

I feel the firing squad is justly called for! :confused:

Cheers,

Keukpa

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back