Boiler Ventilation

Sponsored Links
Hi, I've been reading through all this, as we recently had a BG engineer out for the home care service check, and he immediately switched off the boiler and said the ventilation doesn't meet standards as it needs to be 1m x 1m and then he just left, leaving my mum with no heating.....at winter....

Does anyone have any links to the 'actual' regulations...not just hear-say?

Many thanks,

Keukpa

The official requirements for ventilation are in the M.I. for your mom's boiler.
1 metre by 1 metre is complete nonsense.

Sponsored Links
hope so or the doors coming off
lol-022.gif

Mind have you ever saw ventilation requirements for a vertex flue , easier to take the gable out :LOL:

Well the boiler is in a small ceeling height cupboard in the kitchen, but it wasn't the ventilation on that he said that ventilation on the outside facing wall of the kitchen needs to have the 1m x 1m ventilation.....

The make of the boiler is Glow Worm Ullimate.... and the instalation date is 1997.... but my mum can't find the model number....

I want to ring BG and kick off cos I feel the engineer was looking to make a quick buck, as about 30 minutes after he left, mum got a phone call saying that she needed a new boiler and would she like an engineer to come out and give a quote?

I'm very angry with BG over this.

Many thanks for all your help.

Keukpa

Well the boiler is in a small ceeling height cupboard in the kitchen, but it wasn't the ventilation on that he said that ventilation on the outside facing wall of the kitchen needs to have the 1m x 1m ventilation.....

Have another look at the form he left, could it be 100 X 100 mm?

about 30 minutes after he left, mum got a phone call saying that she needed a new boiler and would she like an engineer to come out and give a quote?

Whatever ventilation the boiler needs, worst case scenario, it is a matter of drilling a hole in the wall and fitting a vent set; about £100 would do it
I'm very angry with BG over this.

It would seem that if there is nothing else wrong with the boiler, it would be justified.

is it open flue has it got a chimney pipe coming out of the top

balanced flue silver box about 9 x 5 on the wall outside

of fanned flue small pipe 4"" going through the wall :?:

Thanks for your reply, it was def 100cm x 100cm that is on the form. He then cancelled mums home care.

If it was 100mm x 100mm then the cupboard door has much more than this, it has a vent at the top and the bottom of that door, and the kitchen back door has a vent bigger than 100mm x 100mm, I def feel he was a mofo.

Cheers,

Keukpa

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back