Boiler wiring mains and thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

So ive got to wire up my boiler and just need a little help!

So ive got a firebird c26 outdoor boiler with two sets of wires coming from it, one looks 2.5mm 3 core (blue, brown, green/yellow) and the other is 2.5mm 4 core (brown, black, white?, green/yellow)

I think there 2.5mm anyway as it seems unsafe to have 1.5mm for a boiler but then i find 2.5mm is over kill for a thermostat

file.jpg

Now i think the 3 core is the mains (i hope so), can this be a spur from a socket or does it need its own power source from the fuse box?

The 4 core, is that the thermostat wiring? If so how do i go about wiring this up? Ive found this //www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:how_to_replace_a_room_stat but i am still unsure on this.

Many Thanks Eigdoog.

Sponsored Links
You can take the supply from a socket circuit through a Fused Connection Unit fitted with a 5A fuse.
From the load side run the cable to a wiring centre (just lots of connectors in a pattress box will do).

Take cables from boiler, thermostat etc. to this box and connect appropriately.

It is not possible from here to tell which cable/wire is which but I think likely the 2core+e is the pump and 3core+e is the boiler.
Another cable would come from the thermostat.

HERE is the manual. See page 20.

http://www.heatandplumb.com/brochure_downloads/firebird/ENVIROMAX-MANUAL.pdf

That cable is either 0.75mm² or 1.0mm²

It's not possible to tell what those wires do, nor is it a good idea to guess. Why is there wiring already attatched to your boiler? Normally you would install this as part of the wiring up process.

Many thanks for the replies.

There are wires there as this is a second hand boiler.

Looking at the manual helps thanks but think ill need that and the boiler in front of me to sort it out.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the replies.

There are wires there as this is a second hand boiler.

Looking at the manual helps thanks but think ill need that and the boiler in front of me to sort it out.

Is this a straight combi boiler, or an S or Y plan system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back