boilermate 2000 with potterton boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Took 3 radiators out of the conservatory and replaced them with 2 new ones. Also left two tails off and joined them with elbows for an extension at a later date. But now cant seem to get them to heat up. All the other radiators in the house are warm and the 2 new ones have been aired.

Whoever fitted the 3 old radiators put tee's in where the flow and return goes into the potterton boiler.

The potterton boiler fires up every now and then, not sure if thats what's suppposed to happen and when its off shows a red light.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds like its piped up wrong. All the flow and returns should go back to the boilermate.

You might have been better capping those tails or at least using a gate valve or similar to increase the resistance through. It sounds like the CH flow is simply going around the path of least hydraulic resistance ie. the tails, instead of through the new radiators.

The boiler will fire periodically to maintain the thermal store in the boilermate, completely normal.

Thats what i thought but why where the radiators before getting warm?

Put 2 ballifixs on the 2 tails before the elbows. When i disconect the elbows and open the ballifixes the water was cold then went really warm. But after i shut them they go cold again after a while. Same with the rads when i air them after a while?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Whoever fitted the 3 old radiators put tee's in where the flow and return goes into the potterton boiler
Maybe a pic or two of this may help - sounds completely wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back