Boilermate 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a boilermate 2000 upstairs and a glow worm boiler downstairs! But how do i use them? I've been told to leave the boiler on full and leave the boilermate on but control the radiators by using the thermostat! Is this corect?

Im so confused!!

Sponsored Links
Yes. The boiler needs to run with its thermostat on full. There is an anaologue timer on the front of the boiler mate to set your heating on and off periods. Room temperature should be governed by the room stat and thermostatic valves on the radiators if fitted ;)

The valves on the radiators are on full, and the thermostat is always on zero. I use the switch on the side of the analogue timer (the on, off and timed switch) Its always off unless i want the radiators to work.

Sponsored Links
If the room stat is on zero then rads will never heat up. If in hall try room stat on about 20C.

As a general starting guide for trv's (assuming highest number is 5) I suggest no 4 for lounge/dining/bathrooms, 2 for cool bedroom, 3 for warm bedroom, 3/3.5 for kitchen, 3 for utility.

The boiler stat should be on the highest number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back