Bolt type on Classic Car`s

Well there must have been 2 different versions of Viva engines. I struggled to get a head gasket for mine which was wider than the type that was readily available.
There were different Viva engines, but only one Viva engine was used in the Chevette. What Viva did you have?
 
Don't buy the spanners until you buy the car.

You can find top quality spanners and socket sets on fleabay, from the sheds of (other) old men. Look carefully to see what's in the sets. Local collection will save postage.

No young person needs Whit or AF spanners.
 
which was wider than the type that was readily available.
There was no wider gasket, but there was a thicker gasket; it was used in the HA Van. You could have used it but it was used to lower the compression ratio for the van.
 
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Yes I realise they are for different engines but they still both profess to be for the 1256 (1300 ) in a chevette hatch back. I always managed to find the right one but it always caused confusion.
 
Yes I realise they are for different engines but they still both profess to be for the 1256 (1300 ) in a chevette hatch back. I always managed to find the right one but it always caused confusion.
They are mistaken, the OHC engine that gasket fits was never used in the Chevette.
 
Back
Top