Books

• Thread starter cantaloup63
  • Start date
On serious note, i'm a great fan of Wilbur Smith, i got his last novel at xmas but not picked it up yet. :confused: :confused:
Never read any of his. Will take a recommendation if you have one :)

If you like fiction he is "gerate" most of his books are in series going through the ages with different families, "Gold Mine" & "Shout at the Devil" have both been made into films.
Am soon to reach another "free" book token on my Amazon card, so will try one of those and that Steven King book.

Thanks fellas. :)

Sponsored Links
Pride and Prejudice - a lot of posters on this site
I read lot's of silly books - Cantaloup63 :LOL:
Everything in moderation - Blas
Me a bigot? - Joe 90
To catch a fish ( especially when I can Control/print - Redherring2 :cool:

Steven King. did he not wright a lot of books about the nazis & horror & gore

Pride and Prejudice - a lot of posters on this site
I read lot's of silly books - Cantaloup63 :LOL:
Everything in moderation - Blas
Me a bigot? - Joe 90
To catch a fish ( especially when I can Control/print - Redherring2 :cool:
Gasman28 - Far from the Madding Crowd? ;)

Sponsored Links
Gasma28 - Far from the Madding Crowd? ;)
You know me so well Canty :D If only I could write like Thomas Hardy. You sir have a good literary brain and I applaud you. Now, where is my Harry Potter book?

Next book for me will be Umberto Eco "The Prague Cemetery". Tried reading his "Name of the Rose" a few years back which was too heavy for me, so am hoping that I'll have better luck with this one.

If you thought Name of the Rose was heavy going try Eco's "Baudolino", to me it was a harder read. I suppose it may have helped that the former was already made into a cracking film before I read the book.
I'm currently reading Terry Pratchet's "Making Money " which is like many of his books a satire on our own society, this one taking the mick at the banking system.

I was a teenager at school in Singapore when i read " The World of Suzi Wong" two other books i read, usually on the bus to & from the school, South by Java Head & A Town like Alice, both were novels set in Singapore during WW2, it was eery, you could almost see the colapse of the island happening around you, & the inhumane way our troops were treated.

Sponsored Links
Back