"Champix" Stop Smoking Drug

Anyone tried this or know anyone who has?
?

Met a young couple on holiday2 wks ago and they had used the champix they had been without a fag for 3 mths..
I started cold turkey but succumed to patches for a couple of weeks then started to forget to put patches on and so didnt bother with patches. No fags for 15 weeks or so now. No koffin up gold watches, its a fkn miricle. Think I am using bits of allen carrs bok, where i now realise , even though nicotine is the most addictive substance known, its withdrawal symptons are the lightest, ie it wont wake you up, you wont break out into sweaty fits, just a little tingle, like something missing...for a minute or so. then you forget the tingle and realise you havent had a fag for several hrs.. etc.
The problem in getting started @ stoppin, is the misconception that if you stop you'll have to go through hell for several weeks sitting in a corner dwelling on what your missing as others smoke around you.. Its not like that.. In fact it was the opposite for me as I feel so much fitter, No 1/2 hr koffin sessions each morning, look on the positive side and revel in the fact your an ex smoker.... Just resist that 'just one fag it wont hurt' .. and youve won..
Right thats the lot from me on this subject lol..

Sponsored Links
Not being a smoker, I've never heard of Champix but I do remember something from way back in the late seventies
What was it ... Uppers, downers, twisters, benders ... All free today in the late seventies :LOL:

ConfidentIncompetent wrote:
even though nicotine is the most addictive substance known, its withdrawal symptons are the lightest,
Hardly :confused: There are far more addictive substances than nicotene particularly in the very small quantities present in tobacco ... It takes a fair period of time to get addicted to nicotene... It takes one hit to get addicted to crack cocaine ;)

I found the habit far more difficult to get over than the withdrawal symptoms and I didn't use patches or anything else.

Like any addiction though everyone is different (will power, habitual tendencies etc) ... Good luck to the OP anyway, filthy habit :LOL:

MW

I can't see ninebob going without a fag for long.

Sponsored Links
Back