"Champix" Stop Smoking Drug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone tried this or know anyone who has?

Interestingly, it was "BOB DOLE" who first posted about it on here, and whilst most people would have passed it of as one of his nonsensical rants I believe he might have actually been talking sense this time.

I now know at least two people who have successfully kicked the habit this way, one of whom is a pub landlord who smoked 40 a day for 45 years and now proclaims it to be nothing short of a miracle. He tried the "Allen Carr" book at the same time as me a year ago and lasted 2 days, I managed 15 but started again, now he's getting all evangelical becuase he's currently at 14 weeks, off the Champix for the last 6 weeks and hasn't looked back!

I REALLY need to quit but have been told that it's 2 tablets a day, one of them first thing after waking and must be taken with food. Problem is I don't do breakfast, never have as I work a 12-8 shift and don't tend to eat until about 2pm (dinner is about 10 or 11pm for me!)

Other thing is that side effects apparently include nausea. I'm concerned that this could be worsened by the not eating first thing.

Obviously I will ask my doc for proper advice, just wondered if anyone can pass on any "first-hand" experience?

Sponsored Links
Not being a smoker, I've never heard of Champix but I do remember something from way back in the late seventies. It was lobeline, a drug chemically related to nicotine. (As the name suggests, it does come from the lobelia plant.) Lobeline tablets were being promoted at the time as a 'cure' for smoking and I think you took two a day.

There was some reasonable evidence that they worked although they begged the inevitable question, how do you get off the lobeline? :?: :?: :?: Have a look on the packet for a list of active ingredients.

Have you tried stopping smoking, cold turkey? After going through that I don't think I'll start again!! The nicotine was only half the battle, the habit was worse for me.

Sponsored Links
have to agree cold turkey and strong willpower did it for me, appetite wasnt too much a problem.

fat_man_large.jpg

Yes i did mention this drug some time ago and yes it works not had a fag for 2 month now and i feel a million dollers which aint much these days..

Got a nasty chest virus at the mo hope i dont die i got no one to feed mi gold fish Solo and mi pet ratties.

Droped on a nice bottle at the wino shop called BLACK BOTTLE Whiskey

Great stuff smooth and cool drink for a whisky

Eh Ninebob! You might not do 'breakfast' but you just might do 'cancer'.
Stop the daft excuses.

goldfish_celestial_w250.jpg

BOB and his goldfish bear an uncanny resemblance to each other.

Sponsored Links
Back