Borders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, turf is down and I have done a rain dance (apologies).

I have left 20cm around for a border, I want this to be maintenance free (as much as possible).

I was thinking membrane, some kind of edging, then gravel.

Any tips? Pointers to products?

Cheers,

Mick

Sponsored Links
Why did you leave a border if you wanted it low maintenance just turf it??

20cm is going to look pretty ridiculous. a border needs to be at least a foot and ideally 18''-2' for any kind of impact.

Placing membrane and then gravel is probably the next best choice but mowing or strimming the edge of a border filled with gravel is a recipie for disaster.

How is the lawn edged? This would have been much easier to do before the turf was laid???

you could use small paving slabs, flush with the lawn. The mower will run over them and you can trim the edges occasionally.

Gravel will kick up, especially if you mean a trough of pea-shingle.

Flat stone slabs are definitely the best idea. Gravel and lawns are a terrible mix.
5815baf0889b61833c75ae056df8b05b.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have aco ground guard with pea gravel and no problem with the mowing

I have used everedge many times and find it pretty good. Any of the metal type edgings are pretty expensive but do last much better.

For lower budget versions i use treated 4''x1'' timber screwed into small stakes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back